PDA

View Full Version : KW not done yet?

B. Diddy
07-01-2003, 11:44 PM
Bruce Levine is reporting that KW may be still going after a pitcher, as both deals today didn't involve the Sox forking over any cash. I'm not sure where he's getting this information, but I'd certainly like to see him go after Ponson. I've heard Weaver's name come up, but I'm not sure I'd want him.

FanOf14
07-01-2003, 11:52 PM
I doubt Weaver is in the sites given that his handler/agent is Scott Boras.

jeremyb1
07-01-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by B. Diddy
Bruce Levine is reporting that KW may be still going after a pitcher, as both deals today didn't involve the Sox forking over any cash. I'm not sure where he's getting this information, but I'd certainly like to see him go after Ponson. I've heard Weaver's name come up, but I'm not sure I'd want him.

i think the pen is still what needs the most work. however, if we did get a starter, wright would most likely move to the pen which would help that situation immensely. i think a trade for weaver or ponson would be great if we can work it so we play the salary and don't give up any more prospects.

Unregistered
07-01-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
I doubt Weaver is in the sites given that his handler/agent is Scott Boras. Not to mention the fact that he's owed something like $17 million over the next 2 years...

Lip Man 1
07-02-2003, 12:06 AM
I hope to hell he's NOT DONE!

Although he may wait a few weeks to see who's out of the races closer to the trade deadline.

I'd like another bullpen guy (goodbye Glover, Saunders) another decent starter but especially a catcher worth a damn! (Olivo's not ready yet...)

Lip

B. Diddy
07-02-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by FanOf14
I doubt Weaver is in the sites given that his handler/agent is Scott Boras.

I didn't know that Boras was his agent. Yep, we all know how much JR LOVES Boras...

kevingrt
07-02-2003, 12:14 AM
Hopefully not Weaver... I would rather see us get a MR then a SP only if he is a strong proven SP.

KW has done great now and the SP is coming around, lets watch and see for a week now.

B. Diddy
07-02-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I hope to hell he's NOT DONE!

Although he may wait a few weeks to see who's out of the races closer to the trade deadline.

I'd like another bullpen guy (goodbye Glover, Saunders) another decent starter but especially a catcher worth a damn! (Olivo's not ready yet...)

Lip

Another bullpen guy isn't a bad idea either. I'm just concerned about Loaiza and Garland returning to mediocrity.

I'm sure that KW's new acquisitions have made our entire pitching staff breathe a sigh of relief (Alomar defensively and Everett offensively) and given them a shot of confidence, though. Maybe Loaiza and Garland will keep it going after all. Who knows?

All I know is that I'm one happy camper. Drink up, Sox fans! :gulp: