PDA

View Full Version : Willie says he'll give up No. 12 for RAlomar

Viva Magglio
07-01-2003, 10:44 PM
While Willie is reduced to being a bench player (probably), he did say he would give up No. 12 for Robbie.

LuvSox
07-01-2003, 10:45 PM
What a nice thing to do, seeing as how Willie is a seasoned veteran with HOF type numbers.

SoxxoS
07-01-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
What a nice thing to do, seeing as how Willie is a seasoned veteran with HOF type numbers.

Yeah, but he didn't HAVE to give it up. Anything that seems charitable by today's athletes is a welcome suprise.

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-01-2003, 11:12 PM
takes me back to the days when mike caruso gave up #12 for our favorite good guy wil cordero

kevingrt
07-01-2003, 11:17 PM
If you heard Willie's interview with Julie Swieca he said everything perfectly right. He said he would give up his number and would love to play behind Alomar. He likes to gain experience from a future HOF'er and would love to take BP and ground balls with him. IT is a real joy to him to see Alomar coming to the team even though he is taking Willie's starting job.

Now I don't know if he is truly meaning this or is just saying BS, but it makes the fans friendly towards him and the organization.

fquaye149
07-02-2003, 08:14 AM
haha...come on guys cut him a break, kid's got a "12" tatoo...

soxruleEP
07-02-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by kevingrt
If you heard Willie's interview with Julie Swieca he said everything perfectly right. He said he would give up his number and would love to play behind Alomar. He likes to gain experience from a future HOF'er and would love to take BP and ground balls with him. IT is a real joy to him to see Alomar coming to the team even though he is taking Willie's starting job.

Now I don't know if he is truly meaning this or is just saying BS, but it makes the fans friendly towards him and the organization.

And contrast Little Willie's comments with the vomitus from D' Angelo Jimenez who now gets to tell his story walking.

Willie was very solid at second the last two nights and was helpful on offense. When he figures out how to get on base more consistantly, he can be very helpful.