PDA

View Full Version : El Barto now the weak link in the rotation?

Bisco Stu
07-01-2003, 11:35 PM
"Million dollar arm, ten cent head."

fquaye149
07-02-2003, 09:15 AM
i'd rather see bart on the mound than anyone but loaiza

whitesoxwilkes
07-02-2003, 09:53 AM
Nahhhhh..Danny Wright is by far our weakest link.

Tragg
07-02-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
"Million dollar arm, ten cent head."

He goes 7-9 innnings every bleeping start.

Wright's good for a 5th stater and should do nicely in the pen in the playoffs

34 Inch Stick
07-02-2003, 11:24 AM
Bisco Stu needs to lay off his Bisco white powder. Every other team in baseball would be more than happy to have Colon on the team.

wirtzbeer55
07-02-2003, 12:34 PM
As noted above, Bartolo eats up the innings big time and even when mediocre doesn't let things get totally out of hand very often. The Cub game with all the walks was a big exception. Danny W. is still probably the diciest starter due to his persistent control problems. Hopefully he'll be on tonight against a recently ineffective (10+ ERA last three starts) Lohse.

Bisco Stu
07-02-2003, 03:28 PM
I only smoke dope, never touch the white stuff. So I guess I should lay off the green stuff, but since I get paid to write about it, I won't be.

I wasn't counting Wright. 5th starters are usually crap on any team.

My point was, I haven't been happy with Colon, considering his stuff. You guys have? Fine. But I expect much better, hopefully we'll get it the 2nd half.

oldcomiskey
07-02-2003, 03:38 PM
you must include Wright when you say the rotation because he is part of the rotation

ChiSoxBobette
07-02-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
I only smoke dope, never touch the white stuff. So I guess I should lay off the green stuff, but since I get paid to write about it, I won't be.

I wasn't counting Wright. 5th starters are usually crap on any team.

My point was, I haven't been happy with Colon, considering his stuff. You guys have? Fine. But I expect much better, hopefully we'll get it the 2nd half.

You should try looking at how many innings the guy go's and what kind of run support he gets. Except for a couple of games whether he has his good stuff or not he keeps us in the game. The game vs the Giants striking out Bonds 3 times, then Bonds hits that H.R. Bartolo should have never even faced Bonds and I think we should have won , it was a mental lapse by Manuel. so I don't know why so many Sox fans are against this guy any team in either league would jump on the chance to pick Colon up right now and would probably give up some very good players to get him. Right now he might be a little arm weary but every power pitcher gos through that and comes out of it.

34 Inch Stick
07-02-2003, 05:33 PM
Do you write for High Times, Bisco?