PDA

View Full Version : Will KW deal more?

Viva Magglio
07-01-2003, 10:34 PM
We've got Roberto Alomar and Carl Everett. Will he deal further to get a pitcher such as Sidney Ponson? And can we now afford to make such a deal having given up six minor league prospects for RAlomar and Everett already?

ilsox7
07-01-2003, 10:35 PM
I think he will see how July goes. If we kick ass, we have money to get a reliever. If we suck, goodbye everyone.

OEO Magglio
07-01-2003, 11:33 PM
I dont think kw is done, the sox didn't add any salary there will be atleast one more deal.

Thunderstruck30
07-01-2003, 11:42 PM
I think that he's done for now, but maybe a little later he'll make a trade and hopefully pick up some relievers.

Tragg
07-01-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
I think that he's done for now, but maybe a little later he'll make a trade and hopefully pick up some relievers.

White's pitched real well for the last month - don't think he's given up an ER; hasn't been put in in a real clutch situation during the streak; Glover HAS pitched well before; a healthy Wunsch would be nice. Marte is back to form. Sanders is like our last reliever, but he has pitched okay.
Flash gordon is up and down.
The pen isn't that bad.

MHOUSE
07-02-2003, 12:01 AM
If the offense can score 5-7 runs a game then our pitching will more than keep us close. Period. Our pitching hasn't been the problem. I think that we need a lead in the Central by July 31 or EVERYONE is gone. If we're still floundering in 2nd or 3rd place then we can't keep all these guys on board. It's do or die in July much like the Expos did last year.

gosox41
07-02-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
If the offense can score 5-7 runs a game then our pitching will more than keep us close. Period. Our pitching hasn't been the problem. I think that we need a lead in the Central by July 31 or EVERYONE is gone. If we're still floundering in 2nd or 3rd place then we can't keep all these guys on board. It's do or die in July much like the Expos did last year.

The Sox July schedule is easy so they better be wel labove .500 by the end of July. I think decisions are goingo\ to be based on how well the team is playing (ie 4 games out but 10 games over .500 versus 2 1/2 games out and 2 games under .500.)

Bob

hsnterprize
07-02-2003, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
We've got Roberto Alomar and Carl Everett. Will he deal further to get a pitcher such as Sidney Ponson? And can we now afford to make such a deal having given up six minor league prospects for RAlomar and Everett already? Before the end of the press conference announcing Alomar's arrval, KW said he wasn't done dealing. He said he wanted to get at least one more deal before the All-Star Game. Now, that was before Carl Everett was brought here. You never know what he'll do. I just hope he's staying clear from anything resembling the White Flag Trade of 1997. What a disaster that was...at least in the immedate short run.

fquaye149
07-02-2003, 08:04 AM
WE NEED A (EXPLETIVE) SHORT STOP