PDA

View Full Version : 30,000+ tonight, record walk-up of 14,513


1951Campbell
07-01-2003, 08:53 PM
Wow.

SoxxoS
07-01-2003, 08:55 PM
Not that that isn't a great thing, but it was an odd Tuesday half price night tonite on one of the best nites of the year. Doesn't matter, though, the more support the better! When they win, they will come.

BearSox
07-01-2003, 08:57 PM
:reinsy
I Feel Pretty! Oh So Pretty!

Tragg
07-01-2003, 09:13 PM
I thought mondays were the 1/2 price nights.

B. Diddy
07-01-2003, 09:20 PM
Half-price night or not, that's fantastic!

PaleHoseGeorge
07-01-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
I thought mondays were the 1/2 price nights.

Tuesdays are half-price when you bring an empty Pepsi product.

:maggs
"Drink Pesse, and we will kick *** in the A.L. Central!"

rmusacch
07-01-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by B. Diddy
Half-price night or not, that's fantastic!

I agree. Great to see.

soxrme
07-01-2003, 09:44 PM
Just heard the Phillies had their biggest walk up tonite also a little over 5.000. Good job Sox fans, cubune probably will not mention. By the way cubs LOSE

fquaye149
07-01-2003, 10:21 PM
well it looks like when it rains it pours. and i don't mean future hall of famer tim "rock"

kevingrt
07-01-2003, 11:11 PM
I'm proud to say I was one of the walk ups with 3 friends! :)

voodoochile
07-01-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
I'm proud to say I was one of the walk ups with 3 friends! :)

ME 2! And it was a really fun game to go to. Coming home to news about Carl Everett was definitely icing on the cake...

doublem23
07-02-2003, 12:17 AM
What's with all these god damn fans? I get to the park, have to wait in a 30-minute line to get tickets, get in a few minutes late and then have another 30-minute wait to get food?

:)

Rock on, Sox fans.

By the way, this was my first trip to the U.S. Cellular Field since last year and man does that place kick ass now. Those scoreboards are ridiculous and the upper deck concourse (the only one I got to see because of my "shameful" 500 level tickets) is sweet, too. I'm trying to work a deal in to go tomorrow and maybe sit in the lower bowl to see if it is still rockin'.

voodoochile
07-02-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
What's with all these god damn fans? I get to the park, have to wait in a 30-minute line to get tickets, get in a few minutes late and then have another 30-minute wait to get food?

:)

Rock on, Sox fans.

By the way, this was my first trip to the U.S. Cellular Field since last year and man does that place kick ass now. Those scoreboards are ridiculous and the upper deck concourse (the only one I got to see because of my "shameful" 500 level tickets) is sweet, too. I'm trying to work a deal in to go tomorrow and maybe sit in the lower bowl to see if it is still rockin'.

Where were you sitting? I was in 534. We got lucky. Got there at 6:00 and still had to wait 20 minutes in line. By the time we got our tickets, the lines were twice that long. Late arriving crowd, but they were into it.

BTW, I figured out how to shut down the wave - have Frank Thomas lace a run scoring double into the LCF gap while the left-fielder falls on his face..

doublem23
07-02-2003, 12:21 AM
528, Row 17... Yeah, I hate The Wave...

New nickname for Frank? The Wave-inator?

voodoochile
07-02-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
528, Row 17... Yeah, I hate The Wave...

New nickname for Frank? The Wave-inator?

You know for shameful seats those are pretty good, no? I sat very close to those on Sunday, on purpose. Best kept secret in the park, UDR on half price nights.

doublem23
07-02-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
You know for shameful seats those are pretty good, no? I sat very close to those on Sunday, on purpose. Best kept secret in the park, UDR on half price nights.

They're great, as long as you're not like my girlfriend who is terrified of heights and trembles the whole three hours she's up there, but hey, what can you do? I personally don't mind the upper deck. The best spot in the house is still the left field bleachers, IMO, but I am willing to settle for a cheap upper deck seat (I'm easy, so what? :smile: )

Were you anywhere around the guy who proposed via the Jumbotron, or do I have my sections reversed?

voodoochile
07-02-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
They're great, as long as you're not like my girlfriend who is terrified of heights and trembles the whole three hours she's up there, but hey, what can you do? I personally don't mind the upper deck. The best spot in the house is still the left field bleachers, IMO, but I am willing to settle for a cheap upper deck seat (I'm easy, so what? :smile: )

Were you anywhere around the guy who proposed via the Jumbotron, or do I have my sections reversed?

That is the other way. I was pretty much right behind home in row 18. I still want the girls to say, "NO!" everytime someone does that. I gather from the standing 'O' that she said yes...

doublem23
07-02-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
That is the other way. I was pretty much right behind home in row 18. I still want the girls to say, "NO!" everytime someone does that. I gather from the standing 'O' that she said yes...

Hey man, when I get the balls to pop the question that's how I want to do it so don't jinx me now.

:)

voodoochile
07-02-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Hey man, when I get the balls to pop the question that's how I want to do it so don't jinx me now.

:)

Unless she is a BIG sports fan, try flowers, a nice dinner, some champagne, maybe a candle or two. Remember to get down on your knees and say something sweet. You want public, do it at a fancy restaurant...

Otherwise make it a really big rock...

:D:

doublem23
07-02-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Unless she is a BIG sports fan, try flowers, a nice dinner, some champagne, maybe a candle or two. Remember to get down on your knees and say something sweet. You want public, do it at a fancy restaurant...

Otherwise make it a really big rock...

:D:

The Cell's got it all!

Flowers... They got stuff growing in center field and a meticulously tended field.

Nice Dinner... I guess I can pony up the extra quarters to get two Kosher hot dogs and curly fries...

Champagne... Beer. And lots of it.

Candle or two... I'll be sure to make it a Saturday for postgame fireworks.

What's sweeter than, "Go Sox!"

:)

cheeses_h_rice
07-02-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
528, Row 17... Yeah, I hate The Wave...

New nickname for Frank? The Wave-inator?

I was in Section 527, row 7...so close to WSI greatness and I didn't even suspect!

soxruleEP
07-02-2003, 09:12 AM
My season tickets are in Row 2 of Section 535--the best seats in the upper deck. I used to like sitting in the outfield but my wife "doesn't like watching the game from behind." I have to agree you have a great view of the whole field from there as well a good shot at the plate. You really can get a sense of the ump's strike zone. I have a new appreciation for how good they really are. When an ump is lousy it really sticks out.

steff
07-02-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
What's with all these god damn fans? I get to the park, have to wait in a 30-minute line to get tickets, get in a few minutes late and then have another 30-minute wait to get food?

:)

Rock on, Sox fans.



I'm serious!! We had to park in lot F! Oh for shame the walk!!

:D:

Foulke You
07-02-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I was in Section 527, row 7...so close to WSI greatness and I didn't even suspect!

Wow, all of us WSIers were sitting pretty close and we didn't even know it. I was in 530, row 27 last night under the newly painted roof (oh yeah, waaaaayy up there). Not bad for $7 though. I timed it perfectly, I walked into my section and heard "CRACK!!" and saw Frank Thomas's 2 run dinger sail into LF. Happy days, Sox fans! Only my 2nd trip to the 500 level this year. Otherwise I'm usually in my Sox 7 seats in the outfield. HUGE walkup crowd. Even my "secret" ticket windows on the other side of the park were jam packed. Had a good time, nothing wrong with the UD at the Cell.

doublem23
07-02-2003, 11:56 PM
Ha ha... We should get together a WSI nosebleed section outing one of these days... That will quickly morph into a WSI "Comiskey Upgrade" outing, I'm sure.