PDA

View Full Version : NY Mets GM Duquette on Alomar trade

Foulke You
07-01-2003, 05:31 PM
This from a NY Mets fansite, Mets GM Duquette's take on WFAN in NY on the Alomar trade:

"All teams would not take any salary back in return

Had 6/7 teams interested but 3 teams became serious late Friday night

White Sox agreed to give Ring last night. Held out on him 2 times before

Has not seen Ring personally. All of the Mets amateur draft scouts liked Ring last season

Later in convo said it was helpful that KC and WSox were bidding against each other. Montreal was the 3rd and final team. (Gammons dead on)

All 3 teams did not want to part with anyone on 25man roster

Say's they are not looking at Ring to make the team out of Spring training but he could. Also said that Kenny Williams was thinking of bringing him up to the majors if they really needed help.

Ring will report to AA Binghamton"

T Dog
07-01-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
All 3 teams did not want to part with anyone on 25man roster...

I wonder if the Sox might have been willing to part with DJ.

ilsox7
07-01-2003, 05:39 PM
I wonder if the Sox might have been willing to part with DJ.

Can you imagine DJ having to deal with the NY media day after day while making his typical boneheaded plays? In Chicago, no one pays attention to the Sox so his stupidity goes mostly unnoticed.

kermittheefrog
07-01-2003, 06:26 PM
Wow, what a slim market if it took competition to give away Ring. I guess that is why Beane says this is the time of year to make a "F*****' A trade".

Tragg
07-01-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You

Say's they are not looking at Ring to make the team out of Spring training but he could. Also said that Kenny Williams was thinking of bringing him up to the majors if they really needed help.

That's what I like to hear.

Kenny becoming the Bullshipper instead of the Bullshippee.