PDA

View Full Version : New record for people online

gosox3072
07-01-2003, 05:14 PM
Thee currently has been 333 people surfin WSI today and its still only 4:10!!! WOW

voodoochile
07-01-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by gosox3072
Thee currently has been 333 people surfin WSI today and its still only 4:10!!! WOW

Yeah, we smoked the record for most people on-line at one time too. Great job with the tech side, West...

LuvSox
07-01-2003, 05:19 PM
Looks like people are finally excited about this team again this year.

voodoochile
07-01-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Looks like people are finally excited about this team again this year.

It sends a message to the fans and potential fans that the Sox are going to try and win something this year. That in and of itself can't be all bad.

Heck, they probably sold a bunch of tickets today. Alomar was free, so that is a net gain right there.

thecell
07-01-2003, 05:26 PM
If we had only traded for Jose Hernandez. We would be the media darlings of the city!

PaleHoseGeorge
07-01-2003, 06:23 PM
Kudos to West for having the mighty WSI server spinning like a top!

:bandance:

For those of you who weren't around WSI back in the troll-infested bad old days, we couldn't go more than one month without a major glitch in the Rivals server. The pop-ups were unbearable, too. A day like today would have brought everything to a grinding stop.

Times have changed, 100 percent for the better, too.

:gulp:

T Dog
07-01-2003, 06:30 PM
This message board is the first place I go for baseball news. If anything affecting the Sox is going on, WSI regulars are sure to hit the Sox Clubhouse hard.

LuvSox
07-01-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

It's the best site on the 'net, thanks PHG! :)

Daver
07-01-2003, 11:03 PM

For those of you who weren't around WSI back in the troll-infested bad old days, we couldn't go more than one month without a major glitch in the Rivals server. The pop-ups were unbearable, too. A day like today would have brought everything to a grinding stop.

I would like to add my kudos to West here as well,the hours of work he has put in recently are paying off for our benefit,and I for one appreciate the hell out of it.

:)

Unregistered
07-01-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by daver
I would like to add my kudos to West here as well,the hours of work he has put in recently are paying off for our benefit,and I for one appreciate the hell out of it. I'll drink to that... :gulp:

FarWestChicago
07-01-2003, 11:07 PM
LOL!! We burned over 2.5 Gigs of bandwidth today. Good thing we have a LOT on this server. :bandance:

Joel Perez
07-01-2003, 11:12 PM
Makes me want to buy that Park Life book for support to the guys and gals who run the show...all I have to wait on now is my bonus check...

:lsox

Ah yes, it's starting to feel like '77 and '93 all over again....

Jjav829
07-01-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by T Dog
This message board is the first place I go for baseball news. If anything affecting the Sox is going on, WSI regulars are sure to hit the Sox Clubhouse hard.

Here here. I couldn't wait to get to get on WSI to see reaction to both of these trades.

Thanks to all those involved in WSI for making this place such a great site.

kevingrt
07-02-2003, 12:03 AM
It's completely crazy, think if we ever had a WS???

FarWestChicago
07-02-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by kevingrt
It's completely crazy, think if we ever had a WS??? I would have to get a new server to make it through that. :o:

voodoochile
07-02-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I would have to get a new server to make it through that. :o:

When I got home and logged on, I was really amazed at the turnout we were getting for the nice win. There were/are 150 people still on the site. There were 56 lurkers. Then I opened the clubhouse and started reading about some guy name Carl Everett being acquired and my jaw just dropped.

Banner day for all Sox fans, especially the ones who visit and work at WSI...

I feel like dancing... dancing... gonna' dance the night away...

Thunderstruck30
07-02-2003, 12:47 AM
I figured there would be alot on today but I didnt expect to break the record. Was the previous record set on the day that Colon was traded?

FarWestChicago
07-02-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
I figured there would be alot on today but I didnt expect to break the record. Was the previous record set on the day that Colon was traded? Yes, the Colon trade was the previous record. :smile:

Jerry_Manuel
07-02-2003, 01:10 AM

Indeed. Rivals was weak.

Atleast we have :bandance: to keep us company. :D:

voodoochile
07-02-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Indeed. Rivals was weak.

Atleast we have :bandance: to keep us company. :D:

I like to think of the little guy as fuel for the rally monkey, but somehow I doubt the monkey can catch him...

How fitting is it that this little guy shows up and the next day, the Sox GO BANANAS!!!

hsnterprize
07-02-2003, 08:42 AM
There was a site called "baseballtop100" that I put WSI on a list for fans to rate. In less than 2 weeks, the site went from near the bottom of the list to #1 with nearly 1,000 votes by surfers like us. Let's face it...we Sox fans care about our team and each other. As long as the Sox keep doing things like making great deals and playing this well, WSI will keep getting busier and busier. Not to mention, many people in the press know about this site...I've personally told folks in the press about this site. I'll continue to tout this site, and stick up for Sox fans whenever I get the chance. It's about time Sox fans were treated with respect in the press...and as long as people like me are in the press, Sox fans will get treated better than what the present press is doing.

:bandance: All hail the power of the banana!!!!!

moochpuppy
07-02-2003, 08:47 AM
Kudos for your hard work FWC!!

Banner day for Sox fans yesterday. This team is making a run. Eight wins in the last eleven games. Keep it up!!

hsnterprize
07-02-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I like to think of the little guy as fuel for the rally monkey, but somehow I doubt the monkey can catch him...

How fitting is it that this little guy shows up and the next day, the Sox GO BANANAS!!!

It makes you want to go ape for the Sox...doesn't it?

:bandance: Remember...it's not just a fruit...IT'S A BANANA!!!!!

hsnterprize
07-02-2003, 09:02 AM
What do you think would happen if the Sox used this dancing monkey for a rallying symbol like Anaheim's rally monkey? Do you think it'll work? I can see it now...the Sox are trailing by a run late in a game, and then, the banana shows up on the big screen in center field. The fans go wild, and the Sox use that excitement to rally from behind to win the game.

:bandance: Who needs "Woo-Woo"?!?!?!?!? We've got THE BANANA!!!!!