PDA

View Full Version : Will Koch be next?

Medford Bobby
07-01-2003, 03:34 PM
:) Hey Gang, finally got my password straighten out...and finally back on here. I like the Alomar pick up as a sign that this division is still up for grabs. Both KC and the Twinks have lots of wholes to fill as well, so the Sox with consistent play can stay in the pack. Now the question is do we keep Koch, AND get an additional :?: reliever, or trade up for an additional pitcher. I would not mind a block buster trade of Buehrle for some minor talent at the end of July. I really think whats got to happen is see where the So :D: x are about a week before the trade deadline. I like the idea of signing up Louiza and Colon, but feel Buehrle could be expendable.........AS long as the bats stay hot we will stay in this race...Jon Garland should have about 4 to 5 more wins if he had any earlier bat support. :) Also have enjoyed Lip's '60's audio...somewhere in the back of my kid mind is a '60's ball game with Elson is still going on.... :D:

:reinsy "See, I told ya if ya showed up for few games, and you behave during the All-Star game, we might just paint the outside of the park white!"

gosox41
07-01-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Medford Bobby
:) Hey Gang, finally got my password straighten out...and finally back on here. I like the Alomar pick up as a sign that this division is still up for grabs. Both KC and the Twinks have lots of wholes to fill as well, so the Sox with consistent play can stay in the pack. Now the question is do we keep Koch, AND get an additional :?: reliever, or trade up for an additional pitcher. I would not mind a block buster trade of Buehrle for some minor talent at the end of July. I really think whats got to happen is see where the So :D: x are about a week before the trade deadline. I like the idea of signing up Louiza and Colon, but feel Buehrle could be expendable.........AS long as the bats stay hot we will stay in this race...Jon Garland should have about 4 to 5 more wins if he had any earlier bat support. :) Also have enjoyed Lip's '60's audio...somewhere in the back of my kid mind is a '60's ball game with Elson is still going on.... :D:

:reinsy "See, I told ya if ya showed up for few games, and you behave during the All-Star game, we might just paint the outside of the park white!"

I'd love to trade Koch, but would not trade Buehrle.

Bob

doublem23
07-01-2003, 03:54 PM
Don't trade Koch now... His value is so low, the chance of him righting himself is much better than any "prospects" we might get for him.

Trade Buehrle? I'm not even going to bother.

ilsox7
07-01-2003, 03:56 PM
NO WAY you trade mb. If he pitches anything like he did the last 2 years (and there have been positive signs) he is a big time keeper. And he's cheap as hell. While we must get to .500 first, and then to the playoffs, if we do this team is built for a run in the post season. Colon, Steve, mb, and even Garland these days are about as good as a top 4 of any team right now. That gives a chance...

raul12
07-01-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Don't trade Koch now... His value is so low, the chance of him righting himself is much better than any "prospects" we might get for him.

Trade Buehrle? I'm not even going to bother.

I agree...trading Buehrle is like the "jump to conclusions pad". It is just a horrible idea.