PDA

View Full Version : Just heard Mets broadcaster on the Score

gosox41
07-01-2003, 03:44 PM
I don't remember his name, but he was ecstatic to get rid of Roberto. He want on a rant of what a bad attitude he has, how he didn't give 100% all the time, bailed out on DP's, etc.

Said the tone around NY was positive because everyone was sick of him and happy to be rid of him

I just wanted to give the other side's opinion on the trade.

Bob

kevingrt
07-01-2003, 03:54 PM
This was very good for the guys health to have this interview. It seemed like he really needed therapy or something. HE totally ripped Robbie apart, but did say he still has the talent but just didn't want to play.

He says Robbie can still play, but only when he wants to. This could be interesting.

Irishsox1
07-01-2003, 03:54 PM
Who was the Met's broadcaster talking about, Jiminez or Alomar?...because it sounds the same to me.

kevingrt
07-01-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
Who was the Met's broadcaster talking about, Jiminez or Alomar?...because it sounds the same to me.

Haha :)

gosox41
07-01-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
This was very good for the guys health to have this interview. It seemed like he really needed therapy or something. HE totally ripped Robbie apart, but did say he still has the talent but just didn't want to play.

He says Robbie can still play, but only when he wants to. This could be interesting.

I hope he isn't a head case. You'd think he'd be motivated by 3 things:

1. Winning-the Sox have a better chance then the Mets to win this season.

2. HOF possibilities.

3. A contract for next year. He is a free agent after this season.

That alone should be reason enough to play hard, assuming he's got anything left in the tank. Maybe he is too old. We'll see. As long as he's not a head case here in Chicago.

Bob

FJA
07-01-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by gosox41

2. HOF possibilities.

That alone should be reason enough to play hard, assuming he's got anything left in the tank. Maybe he is too old. We'll see. As long as he's not a head case here in Chicago.

Bob

If we look back, this might very well be the reason Josh Paul was let go, and Sandy was kept. Sandy certainly isn't a head case, and something--I don't know what yet--excites me about reuniting the Alomar brothers. I have a feeling it might light a spark under BOTH of them.

MarqSox
07-01-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt

Something tells me that Sandy will keep him in line. Sandy respects the Sox and wants to win here, and if Robby doesn't give the same effort, Sandy will kick his butt. I can't think of a better situation for Robby to be in, so if he still has ANY desire left, this is place for him.

B. Diddy
07-01-2003, 04:11 PM
I've heard that Robbie was a major factor in the Tribe's trading of Richie Sexson (Robbie apparently didn't like his pranks).

I've also heard some good things about Robbie from my parents' next door neighbors, who lived in Tortonto while he was there. Apparently their kids found his home address and sent him a couple baseball cards to autograph. Robbie signed the cards and also included a bunch of baseball memorabilia... all sorts of stuff. I also read somewhere that Robbie eventually became friends with the ump that he spat at years ago.

My feeling is that he's a decent guy who's a bit of an overly-sensitive prima donna. Let's hope that he meshes will with our guys.

We surivied Albert Belle for two seasons, so I'm confident that we can survive Robbie for three months (hopefully four!). :smile:

voodoochile
07-01-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by gosox41

2. HOF possibilities.

Bob

4)Playing with his brother will keep him on an even keel.

fquaye149
07-01-2003, 05:34 PM
get him now

never underestimate the stinkitude playing in new york induces. ask burnitz and glavine

Procol Harum
07-01-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by B. Diddy

We surivied Albert Belle for two seasons, so I'm confident that we can survive Robbie for three months (hopefully four!). :smile:

Ain't that the truth?

Foulke You
07-01-2003, 05:51 PM
The Mets are such a mess right now. "Change of scenery" is the catch phrase of the day Sox fans. This is good for us. Sandy Alomar, Robbie Alomar, Bartolo Colon, all in Sox uniforms. Who'd have thunk that?

gosox41
07-01-2003, 06:28 PM
WSCR is going to replay the interview with the Mets broadcaster for those interested. It should be soon since the 2 guys on are off the air in half an hour.

Bob