PDA

View Full Version : MLB/Sosa Conspiracy?

Hangar18
07-01-2003, 12:05 PM
I was at all three games sox/flubs. The ferocious tone towards
the cubs, ESPECIALLY SAMMY, was very very Evident. Im being told (and just heard a caller on the radio bring it up) that the
TV broadcasts toned it down, and did their best to NOT SHOW
most of the Signs/Banners that were on Display at Comiskey.
Could this be true? The announcers on the radio are acknowledging that the Crowd Mikes were turned down and that
MLB probably told the FOX/WGN to not show any of the fan Resentment towards Sam the Sham. Thats too bad that MLB feels it needs to steer people away like this. I noticed on the ESPN Highlites, I didnt see them Show or Talk about how the Fans were on Shammy either. One thing is CLEAR. THE SOX FANS WILLED OUR TEAM TO THOSE WINS BY BEING SO LOUD

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-01-2003, 12:11 PM
stupid. the guy cheated, and mlb still wants him to be the perfect hero that kids like. i wouldve turned the crowd mics up and showed more signs. by doing what they did, they are just quieting the crowd, which makes us look bad. the crowd was loud and into the game, why cant they show that?

B. Diddy
07-01-2003, 12:12 PM
WGN's telecast of Saturday's game showed a guy in the stands with a "Sammy Sucks Cork" t-shirt. Guess they must missed that one.

I can't wait for the crowd to make an ass out of him during the nationally televised All Star Game
:bandance:

1951Campbell
07-01-2003, 12:23 PM
I can't wait for the crowd to make an ass out of him during the nationally televised All Star Game

That reminds me...it is imperative that all Sox season-ticket holders heckle the bejeezus out of Sosa* at all All-Star events. I want it to be so loud that broadcasters have to mention it!

voodoochile
07-01-2003, 12:31 PM
Just to further this point. I read in Rosenblooms column on Sunday that Selig has handed down a policy from on high that teams should NOT check Sham-ME*'s bats during games.

I guess it would be too damn embarassing if he got caught with another one...

B. Diddy
07-01-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Just to further this point. I read in Rosenblooms column on Sunday that Selig has handed down a policy from on high that teams should NOT check Sham-ME*'s bats during games.

I guess it would be too damn embarassing if he got caught with another one...

Or too damaging to baseball's economics. Same reason they haven't been testing for steroids, despite all of the accusations, ex-players who've admitted using, and guys like Bret Boone whose HR output jumped by something like 20 in a single season.

As the great poet Nelly once wrote, "Haaaay, must be the monaaaay!"

fquaye149
07-01-2003, 05:59 PM
remember when shoeless joe BARELY cheated? he was a huge hero(say it ain't so joe)...but kenesaw knew it would be better for baseball not to allow cheating

bud seems to think at this point it is better for baseball to allow cheating. that is either a sad reflection of society or a sad reflection of baseball's commish