PDA

View Full Version : June 30: Another beautiful day

bludupree
07-01-2003, 09:46 AM
At 8:00 PM yesterday I got in my car in a very good mood for personal reasons for an hour long drive. I was extremely happy, but rushing to catch the mid innings of 2 ball games, thinking that there were only 2 things that could possibly make this beautiful day better. When I turned to 1000, I believe Lee was at bat and just reached base on an error. I then heard the score was 6-0. I was screaming and clapping in my car. Before I could calm down, Valentin (definitely player of the week) puts one over the fence. We were going to beat Minnesota again. It was a great feeling.

When the inning ended, I immediately turned to 720. The Cubs were up 3-2. I knew we had a chance. Then Thome came to the plate with 1 on in the 7th. I could only hope for the best. The pitch.....way back.....this one has a chance...gone! Cubs down 4-3!. Because the game was close I did spend some time on 720. Enough time to, about an inning later, hear Scammy come to the plate. Now don't get me wrong here. We did a great job booing scammy over the weekend. But with the cubs fans in our house we could not match the boo's of the Phillie fans. You could hear every fan booing for a minute straight. They then proceeded to start the Corky chant, which could be heard loud and clear over Hughes and Santo. The cubs went on to lose. Awesome!

As I continued to drive and listen to the end of the game, my mind started to wander. The cars and road faded and I had a vision. Ahead of me I saw the month of July with the Sox. I saw us destroying every team on our pathetic July schedule, making a move for a player or two, and coasting into the post season. In my rear view mirror I saw Minnesota's season, the Cubs, and Scammy's career, all crumbling together. What a beautiful day.

daveb816
07-01-2003, 10:01 AM
It was a beautiful day, but something's wrong with listening to a Cub game while a WINNING Sox game is in progress. Seems like you're as pumped about the Cubs losing as the Sox winning. Whatever turns you on.

34 Inch Stick
07-01-2003, 12:23 PM
I can only imagine the "personal" reasons you were in a good mood. I got some "personal" reasons myself on Sunday night and still had a smile on my face Monday morning.

MHOUSE
07-01-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I can only imagine the "personal" reasons you were in a good mood. I got some "personal" reasons myself on Sunday night and still had a smile on my face Monday morning.

Chicks dig the 34 Inch Stick eh? :D:

bludupree
07-01-2003, 12:45 PM
After Sammy's "We'll see how they do this year" quote I am just as pumped about the cubs losing. I also have a few big mouth cub fan friends. A Sox win is most important, but a cub loss makes a day even better.