PDA

View Full Version : Whiny Baker-man


MarqSox
07-01-2003, 12:32 AM
I guess he straightened out his problems with Manuel, whom he called his "homey" about 24 times ...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-030630baker,1,6413597.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-01-2003, 02:22 AM
I love how they try to be 'hip' and they spelled it homey, anyways funny article

bobj4400
07-01-2003, 10:30 AM
I cant understand why Scrub fans dont see thru this guys charade. Bayless has written a ton of articles about the fact that Dusty has pulled the wool over everyone's eyes and has them thinking he is God's gift to managing. I think he has a point. Baker is constantly ripping opposing teams and now managers over the way they celebrate wins, while he manages the worst showboat in the history of the league (Scam-Me*). Lets see if he continues to get a free pass from the media while the Cubs make their annually second half run for 90 losses.

gosox41
07-01-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by bobj4400
I cant understand why Scrub fans dont see thru this guys charade. Bayless has written a ton of articles about the fact that Dusty has pulled the wool over everyone's eyes and has them thinking he is God's gift to managing. I think he has a point. Baker is constantly ripping opposing teams and now managers over the way they celebrate wins, while he manages the worst showboat in the history of the league (Scam-Me*). Lets see if he continues to get a free pass from the media while the Cubs make their annually second half run for 90 losses.

Of course he will. He's got the media in his pocket (and not just the WGN media either.) He's friendly to them and goes out of his way to answer their questions. Basically he manipulates them and has sold them a bag of crap. Ever wonder why no one makes mention of the fact that he manages the biggest showboat in baseball while complaining about everyone else. No one even asks him about it.

Bob

mandmandm
07-01-2003, 10:42 AM
Bob:

Cubs fans continue to support this club despite the Tribune not spending the money to field a winner.

Cubs fans support Sammy despite the fact that he cheated.

Cubs fans support the Cubs despite the Tribune setting up its own ticket scalping firm.

Cubs fans support the Cubs despite the wind screens put up to block rooftop views.

Cubs fans support the Cubs despite a century of bad baseball.

Cubs fans support Sammy despite his huge ego and his fakeness.

You can probably add "and the media" to all of the above statements.

It just does not matter. Blindness and stupidity.

dickallen15
07-01-2003, 10:52 AM
I'll take Baker's comments about celebrating seriously once he gets Corky Wifebeater to quit hopping, and blowing kisses when he hits a solo homerun in the ninth inning with the Cubs trailing by 7 runs.

Fisk Fan
07-01-2003, 11:08 AM
Dusty, there is an easy way to eliminate all of this "unnecessary" celebrating after a game. Win!

cheeses_h_rice
07-01-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan
Dusty, there is an easy way to eliminate all of this "unnecessary" celebrating after a game. Win!

Post of the week.

Dusty, suck it up. There's no crying in baseball.

Tragg
07-01-2003, 11:42 AM
If I hear another announcer on a national broadcast say "95% of the fans in all ballparks LOVE Sammy Sosa - it's only the 5% that don't like him" I'm gonna puke.
It's not enough to say, perhaps, that some might appreciate Sosa as a slugger; no, 95% LOVE him for his wonderful personality.
Where do they come up with this garbage?

voodoochile
07-01-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
If I hear another announcer on a national broadcast say "95% of the fans in all ballparks LOVE Sammy Sosa - it's only the 5% that don't like him" I'm gonna puke.
It's not enough to say, perhaps, that some might appreciate Sosa as a slugger; no, 95% LOVE him for his wonderful personality.
Where do they come up with this garbage?

Maybe they need to listen to the crowds in Cinci and Philly these past few weeks. I'll even understand if they skip the treatment on the Southside where ShamME* has ALWAYS been treated like the putz he truly is...

valposoxfan
07-01-2003, 12:56 PM
When I read this this morning, I could not believe what I was reading. You have got to be kidding me!!! I've had just about enough of managing messiah himself complaining about celebrating on walk off hits for wins. It's a part of baseball. Get over it. He's just upset because his team is on the losing end of close games. Sorry Dusty, but you guys were in first place, that explains the Reds celebrating, and the Sox-Cubs series is self explanatory for the Sox reaction at the end of the game. I don't care if his "homey" dissed him, he needs to shut the hell up and and lead his team onto the field everyday. He should stop dwelling on what other teams are doing and worry about his own sorry team, who is currently struggling mightily.

fquaye149
07-01-2003, 06:02 PM
in regards to waving your arms after a win, in dusty's case


HOMEY DON'T PLAY THAT GAME

Max Power
07-01-2003, 10:49 PM
The Phillies committed the ultimate baseball sin by celebrating their walk off win tonight. Dusty watched with a pissed off look (Uh, go to the locker room is you don't wanna see it?). I watched his reaction while laughing hysterically. Good times...

duke of dorwood
07-01-2003, 10:51 PM
You think he'd be used to it.

Tragg
07-01-2003, 11:02 PM
Who doesn't celebrate walk-off wins. They are ALWAYS celebrated.

The problem Dusty, is that your last 3 losses were of the walk-off variety. And here's another clue -Alfonseca really sucks.

soxrme
07-01-2003, 11:10 PM
I kind of like Alfonseca, another couple of games like this and they will be in 4th

StillMissOzzie
07-02-2003, 03:30 AM
I think it's more like 6 losses of the walk-off / last at-bat variety for the Dustball. Recall that they lost 2 to the Brewers in the Brewers' last at bats, 2 to the Sox here, and I think both of the losses to the Phillies were in the 9th. Sox on the upswing and the Scrubs continue the tailspin the Sox helped start! Ya gotta love it!
Like the other post said, if you don't like the celebrations, try winning a game!

:gulp:

T Dog
07-02-2003, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
I think it's more like 6 losses of the walk-off / last at-bat variety for the Dustball. Recall that they lost 2 to the Brewers in the Brewers' last at bats, 2 to the Sox here, and I think both of the losses to the Phillies were in the 9th. Sox on the upswing and the Scrubs continue the tailspin the Sox helped start! Ya gotta love it!
Like the other post said, if you don't like the celebrations, try winning a game!

:gulp:

I hear from Cubs fans that this year's city championship deserves an asterisk because the Sox only got their two walk-on-water, never lose starters in only one of the six games. Instead, Dustball pitched Wood and Prior against division-rival last place Milwaukee at home, where the Brewers won two out of three.

I would much rather see the Cubs blown out every night so that people can come to see that the Sox deserve the attention in the city. But the looks on the faces in the dugout when Cubs opponents (in unsportsmanlike and probably illegal fashion) celebrate exciting wins is priceless.

gosox41
07-02-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Max Power
The Phillies committed the ultimate baseball sin by celebrating their walk off win tonight. Dusty watched with a pissed off look (Uh, go to the locker room is you don't wanna see it?). I watched his reaction while laughing hysterically. Good times...

Someone is a sore loser.

Bob