PDA

View Full Version : If the Sox get alomar

OEO Magglio
06-30-2003, 10:37 PM
Who knows if the sox will get alomar or not, but if they do, then who leads off, cause robbie is not a leadoff hitter, I would guess willie would get moved back to center field, but that might be hard to do with the way rowand has been hitting lately, so what do you guys think?

A.T. Money
06-30-2003, 11:22 PM
I'm sure Alomar would bat 2nd.

OEO Magglio
06-30-2003, 11:35 PM
I'm sure he'd bat 2nd also, but if manuel would elect to keep playing rowand in center, it would be interesting to see who would leadoff. If he'd leadoff rowand or jose, or maybe even robbie, it would just be interesting and scary, considering it would be jerry manuel making the lineup.

gosox41
07-01-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Who knows if the sox will get alomar or not, but if they do, then who leads off, cause robbie is not a leadoff hitter, I would guess willie would get moved back to center field, but that might be hard to do with the way rowand has been hitting lately, so what do you guys think?

:jerry
Getting Alomar will give me a whole new chance to tinker. I can see him batting 1-3 and maybe even 9th when the Magic 8 Ball calls for it.

Bob

harwar
07-01-2003, 10:17 AM
R.Alomar would probably do much better back here in the AL.Also,he has been quoted that he would like to be with his brother again.I hope they hold off a bit tho because we are on a roll now and i don't wany anything to mess it up.
Keep Harris at second and make Jimenez the left-hander off the bench(if he would put up with that roll)the guy is a bad defender & bad baserunner but he can work the count well and gets on base.

Tragg
07-01-2003, 10:39 AM
We will need a something in cf before this is over, despite last week's power surge.
I hope we don't get alomar.

Fisk Fan
07-01-2003, 10:49 AM
I know that there have been many rumors flying around with this possible trade, but does anyone know who is said to be included in the deal? Also, is this trade a legitimate possibility, or just hot air?

WinningUgly!
07-01-2003, 12:58 PM
Looks like KC wants in (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/baseball/mlb/kansas_city_royals/6205780.htm) the Robbie Alomar Derby...

Could Roberto Alomar be playing second base and batting leadoff for the Royals before the end of the month?

The Mets are looking to unload Alomar, a 12-time All-Star, in the wake of their disappointing season. Word from New York suggests the Royals are one of three teams expressing interest.

Royals owner David Glass recently declared a willingness to underwrite short-term financial commitments after the All-Star break to help the club pursue its first playoff appearance since 1985.

cheeses_h_rice
07-01-2003, 01:12 PM
FWIW, someone on the MLB Sox board sez Boston Gammons reports the Sox have signed Alomar.

Anyone out there who can confirm this?

WinningUgly!
07-01-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
FWIW, someone on the MLB Sox board sez Boston Gammons reports the Sox have signed Alomar.

Anyone out there who can confirm this?

I have ESPN news on in the background, they just said something about the White Sox...after this...then they cut into the live Wimbeldon press conference. I'm not sure what they were talking about, I wasn't really paying attention until I heard "White Sox". :?:

WinningUgly!
07-01-2003, 01:19 PM
They just reported The Mets traded R. Alomar to the Sox for "prospects"!

kevingrt
07-01-2003, 01:23 PM
No more iffing