PDA

View Full Version : Which 2B should we acquire?

Viva Magglio
06-30-2003, 03:18 PM
Which one do we want?

whitesoxwilkes
06-30-2003, 03:53 PM
c) Jose Vidro

Randar68
06-30-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Which one do we want?

Here is why I chose Castillo:

IMO, it would cost as much or more to just get Alomar as it would to get both Pierre AND Castillo, thus, the old 2 birds with one stone theory applies!

Iguana775
06-30-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Here is why I chose Castillo:

IMO, it would cost as much or more to just get Alomar as it would to get both Pierre AND Castillo, thus, the old 2 birds with one stone theory applies!

Are they both available? I would love to get those 2. If so, what would it cost? Rauch to start off with....

fquaye149
06-30-2003, 04:15 PM
i picked alomar cuz i consider him a gamer. he has intensity...just ask that one umpire...and his avg (which at .260 would still be an improvement over most in the lineup) suffers from the vacuum of suckitude that resides in queens

Randar68
06-30-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
Are they both available? I would love to get those 2. If so, what would it cost? Rauch to start off with....

Castillo is making around 4.5 million, so I don't think it would cost much. To me, it looks like they are trying to off-load some salary so they can sign Lowell long-term.

Gammons reportedly said they were both being shopped while he was on the radio this morning.

I don't know if it would require Rauch, but it does depend on the $$$ portion. The more $$$ we pick up, the less we'll have to give up. Jimenez only makes 345K, so he'd be a great option to go to Fla as a cheap replacement at 2B.

fquaye149
06-30-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
i picked alomar cuz i consider him a gamer. he has intensity...just ask that one umpire...and his avg (which at .260 would still be an improvement over most in the lineup) suffers from the vacuum of suckitude that resides in queens

oh and one more thing that should make any sox fan salivate: alomar can bunt

Iguana775
06-30-2003, 04:28 PM
Castillo is making around 4.5 million, so I don't think it would cost much. To me, it looks like they are trying to off-load some salary so they can sign Lowell long-term.

Gammons reportedly said they were both being shopped while he was on the radio this morning.

I don't know if it would require Rauch, but it does depend on the $$$ portion. The more $$$ we pick up, the less we'll have to give up. Jimenez only makes 345K, so he'd be a great option to go to Fla as a cheap replacement at 2B.

would DJ and Rauch be too much to solve the CF and 2B problem we have? not sure.

Randar68
06-30-2003, 04:30 PM
would DJ and Rauch be too much to solve the CF and 2B problem we have? not sure.

See, IMO, at this point, I think that would be an excellent trade for the Sox. It is not looking good for Jon (unfortunately), and replacing Jimenez is a must-do.

Iguana775
06-30-2003, 04:46 PM
See, IMO, at this point, I think that would be an excellent trade for the Sox. It is not looking good for Jon (unfortunately), and replacing Jimenez is a must-do.

That's what I was thinking. I used to be very high on Big Jon but he hasnt seemed to put it together yet.

Randar68
06-30-2003, 04:50 PM
That's what I was thinking. I used to be very high on Big Jon but he hasnt seemed to put it together yet.

His velocity is down 3 mph or so still. His control is basically back, but he can't overpower people any more when he needs to. I still think he can be an effective 3 or 4 starter in the majors. He gives up a lot of HR's in that little bandbox in Charlotte, and being a fly ball pitcher, playing in that tiny park definitely hurts him more than most.

Procol Harum
06-30-2003, 10:18 PM
Rogers Hornsby!!! But, uh, Castillo will do. :smile:

doublem23
06-30-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
c) Jose Vidro

As was shown by Montreal's attempted trade of Juan Gonzalez; the Expos will probably be not unloading any players this trading deadline.

Bucktown
06-30-2003, 10:36 PM
Sorry dudes, I am sticking with DJ. In fact, I would not change this starting line-up one bit:

1B: Daubach
2B: Jimenez
SS: Valentin
3b: Crede
LF: Lee
CF: Rowand
RF: Ordonez
DH: Frank
C: Paul

OK, I am kidding about starting Josh Paul, but I like him on this team. Most importantly Get Willie Harris on the bench.

Daver
06-30-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown

OK, I am kidding about starting Josh Paul, but I like him on this team. Most importantly Get Willie Harris on the bench.

Josh Paul is no longer on the Sox roster,he became a FA three days ago.It was a highlight to season as far as I am concerned.

:bandance:

doublem23
06-30-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by daver
Josh Paul is no longer on the Sox roster,he became a FA three days ago.It was a highlight to season as far as I am concerned.

Conviently, the Sox have also started winning...

:gulp:

Randar68
06-30-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by daver

*****! Well said.

Thunderstruck30
07-01-2003, 12:26 AM
Luis Castillo because he has speed and I think the Sox can really use a guy with good speed who can steal bases.

Paulwny
07-01-2003, 06:09 AM
From News Day:
The Mets are moving closer to trading Roberto Alomar and could complete a deal by the end of this week, with the Expos, White Sox, Reds and Dodgers leading the list of potential suitors, according to two baseball officials.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/mets/ny-sbmside013354987jul01,0,3496.story?coll=ny-baseball-headlines

jortafan
07-01-2003, 09:19 AM
Couldn't help but notice the New York Post version of the Alomar story. He told their reporter his preference would be to play for our Sox. I'm not sure we really need to have the Alomar brothers together, but it's nice to see a ballplayer with a choice who actually wants to come here.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/mets/37331.htm