PDA

View Full Version : Sammy's Quote Of The Day 6/30

Lip Man 1
06-30-2003, 12:35 PM
"It's a series both teams really wanted. Every time the Sox play us, they play like it's the World Series or something .

"It's over and we're surviving, and we'll see how they're going to do."--- Sammy Sosa to the Chicago Tribune

Maybe if Sammy's Cubs played with some intensity they wouldn't have had the records they compiled over the past few seasons!
It appears the Cubs get "up" for no one!

Lip

PaleHoseGeorge
06-30-2003, 12:41 PM
LMAO! He said basically the same thing back in June, '99 after Slappy hit that homer into Bozo bucket #6 a few feet behind Scammy's head. The Cubs tanked and didn't pull out of their tailspin until sometime the following season.

Keep talking, Shammy. Predicting the future is not your forte.

:gulp:

cheeses_h_rice
06-30-2003, 12:54 PM
This coming from a man whose most important day in the 2002 campaign was the Home Run Derby during the All-Star Break...

Nick@Nite
06-30-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
This coming from a man whose most important day in the 2002 campaign was the Home Run Derby during the All-Star Break...

Yup! ... I remember last years homer-run-derby at the all-star game quite clearly. Everyone was was relaxed, smiling, and seemingly enjoying themselves. ShAmMy, on the other hand, had his "game face" on, working himself up into a lather literally (he was sweating bullets!) ...

Put a cork in it, CoRkY!

Thunderstruck30
06-30-2003, 03:11 PM
Is he saying that you shouldnt play everyday with full intensity and you shouldnt give it all you have on every play? What an idiot! Good point about how the most intense he played last year was during the home run derby. LMAO.

soxrme
06-30-2003, 03:24 PM
I hope Jay Levine doesn't see that quote.

kermittheefrog
06-30-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
Is he saying that you shouldnt play everyday with full intensity and you shouldnt give it all you have on every play? What an idiot! Good point about how the most intense he played last year was during the home run derby. LMAO.

I guess he only gets pumped when he's using his corked bat for the fans in exhibitions like the Derby.

voodoochile
06-30-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I guess he only gets pumped when he's using his corked bat for the fans in exhibitions like the Derby.

Post of The Week (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=13&id=2244)

sox_fan_forever
07-01-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by PinchALoaf
Yup! ... I remember last years homer-run-derby at the all-star game quite clearly. Everyone was was relaxed, smiling, and seemingly enjoying themselves. ShAmMy, on the other hand, had his "game face" on, working himself up into a lather literally (he was sweating bullets!) ...

Haha. I remember that too. That was hilarious.