PDA

View Full Version : This is the stretch!

soxfan45
06-30-2003, 12:04 PM
We've got 13 games before the All-Star break (3 Minn, 4 @ Cleveland, 3 @ Tampa, 3 @ Detroit)
I've got to think that if we can win at least 8 out of these 13 games that Sox management will consider making a move for the stretch.
If we acheive these minimum wins, we will be playing .500 ball by the all-star break which is probably just good enough to keep this bandwagon together.

Yes we are on the road for most of these games, but we are playing sub 500 teams which we HAVE to beat.

My guess is that if we don't acheive this minimum standard, that everything is on the table in terms of trades. Certainly both Colon and Burhle offers will be listened to since we are likely to lose them anyway.

CHISOXFAN13
06-30-2003, 12:09 PM
Buerhle is our property until after the 2006 campaign so he isn't going anywhere.

ChiSoxBobette
06-30-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by soxfan45
We've got 13 games before the All-Star break (3 Minn, 4 @ Cleveland, 3 @ Tampa, 3 @ Detroit)
I've got to think that if we can win at least 8 out of these 13 games that Sox management will consider making a move for the stretch.
If we acheive these minimum wins, we will be playing .500 ball by the all-star break which is probably just good enough to keep this bandwagon together.

Yes we are on the road for most of these games, but we are playing sub 500 teams which we HAVE to beat.

My guess is that if we don't acheive this minimum standard, that everything is on the table in terms of trades. Certainly both Colon and Burhle offers will be listened to since we are likely to lose them anyway.

There is no way we can let Mark Buehrle go, Bartolo Colon thats a different story, if we could get a top of the line CF & 2nd sacker for Bartolo I say that right now we do it. I'd love to keep the guy but I'm afraid he either does'nt want to be here now or he's all of a sudden damaged goods who someone will get from us for basically nothing later in the year if we fall out of it.

GO WHITE SOX!

voodoochile
06-30-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
There is no way we can let Mark Buehrle go, Bartolo Colon thats a different story, if we could get a top of the line CF & 2nd sacker for Bartolo I say that right now we do it. I'd love to keep the guy but I'm afraid he either does'nt want to be here now or he's all of a sudden damaged goods who someone will get from us for basically nothing later in the year if we fall out of it.

GO WHITE SOX!

So let's just give up on him AND the season, now? JR is that you?

moochpuppy
06-30-2003, 01:36 PM
Against that competition I think the Sox need to go 10-3 at least to be considered back in the race.

If the above fails, the fire sale will include IMO:

Colon
Loaiza
One of these three (Lee, Konerko, Thomas)
Alomar
Gordon
White

gosox41
06-30-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
Against that competition I think the Sox need to go 10-3 at least to be considered back in the race.

If the above fails, the fire sale will include IMO:

Colon
Loaiza
One of these three (Lee, Konerko, Thomas)
Alomar
Gordon
White

It would be a huge mistake to trade Frank. Paulie is untradeable right now.

Bob

moochpuppy
06-30-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
Paulie is untradeable right now.

Bob

I don't think anyone is ever UNtradable. Maybe not worth much on the trading market, but not untradable.

kevingrt
06-30-2003, 02:53 PM
3 games versus the dreaded Twinkies, but at the Cell. And we have found out we can beat teams that lose to the Brew Crew. Then comes the easy streak that we need to sweep at least one series and come out on top in all. Huge stretch right here, could determine a lot of the 2nd half of the season.

Thunderstruck30
06-30-2003, 04:16 PM
Trading Colon for a 2B and CF would be a bad idea. The Sox have a great rotation now and they shouldnt just dismantle it for a better lineup. The Sox have a good lineup, its just the hitters arent hitting, thats all. The Sox should be in first now if it wasnt for the lack of hitting, which is now starting to come around.

THE_HOOTER
06-30-2003, 04:27 PM
If you look at all of the posts in the last two weeks, every series is THE Series--and winning is a must.

Due to the horrible start, every series is big.

I would like to see an upgrade at 2nd base or Cf.

Willie Harris isnt cutting it, but Rowand might be ok.

We all know about Jimenez.