PDA

View Full Version : KW Drew Sosa's Ire

Viva Magglio
06-30-2003, 10:18 AM
Dan Bernstein referenced an item in Saturday's Tribune in which Kenny Williams was on the field during Friday BP. As Frank Thomas and Sammy Sosa were talking, KW is said to have "jokingly" inspected the bat Sosa was using. This resulted in Sosa glaring at Williams in cold fashion.

Good psyche job by KW.

voodoochile
06-30-2003, 10:25 AM
According to Steve Rosenbloom in yesterday's Trib, there is a directive from Selig that teams NOT ask umps to inspect Sosa's bats during games. I'd tell Bud to go F himself and do it everytime Sham-ME* got a hit...

Viva Magglio
06-30-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
According to Steve Rosenbloom in yesterday's Trib, there is a directive from Selig that teams NOT ask umps to inspect Sosa's bats during games. I'd tell Bud to go F himself and do it everytime Sham-ME* got a hit...

Isn't Selig basically giving Sosa a license to use corked bats, then? I realize that is not his intent, but it opens the door for Sosa to use corked bats without fear of a team calling for an inspection.

1951Campbell
06-30-2003, 11:16 AM
Good job KW. And BTW Sham-Me, players who do not use corked bats are not usually subject to that kind of psyche job. Just a thought for your big ol' head.

MHOUSE
06-30-2003, 11:44 AM
I would be such an @$$ as an opposing manager and ask to see the bat after every homerun. BTW I also recall someone saying that you're allowed to inspect one bat per game so that if you did it in the 2nd inning then players could use corked bats the rest of the game and you couldn't stop them.

gosox41
06-30-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
I would be such an @$$ as an opposing manager and ask to see the bat after every homerun. BTW I also recall someone saying that you're allowed to inspect one bat per game so that if you did it in the 2nd inning then players could use corked bats the rest of the game and you couldn't stop them.

Everytime Sosa homered I'd check his bat. He's not having to many 2 homer games of late. But the main reason I'd check his bat after every homerun is because it gets in his head and rattles him.

Better yet, even in a game where Sosa goes 0-4 (and the game is a lock for the Cubs or whoever is playing them) I'd check Sosa's bat after his last at bat.

Bob