PDA

View Full Version : Sox becoming a team?

Fisk72
06-30-2003, 10:15 AM
Is it me or are the guys starting to gel together? I was in Atlanta over the weekend, but was able to catch Saturday's game at a bar. It was pretty impresive to see all of the guys running out of the dugout and jumping around homeplate like little leaguers! Coincidently, I recently saw a tape of the final home game at Old Comiskey Park and it seemed the team got along the same way (plus they kicked ass that year!) Now that we've been on somewhat of a roll (yeah, we're still under .500) do you guys agree that our guys are really getting along? And if so, can this bode well for the coming weeks and months? Just a thought.

gosox41
06-30-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Fisk72
Is it me or are the guys starting to gel together? I was in Atlanta over the weekend, but was able to catch Saturday's game at a bar. It was pretty impresive to see all of the guys running out of the dugout and jumping around homeplate like little leaguers! Coincidently, I recently saw a tape of the final home game at Old Comiskey Park and it seemed the team got along the same way (plus they kicked ass that year!) Now that we've been on somewhat of a roll (yeah, we're still under .500) do you guys agree that our guys are really getting along? And if so, can this bode well for the coming weeks and months? Just a thought.

I always said winning solves all problems. The fact that these guys are playing better probably makes them like each other that much more.

Bob

1951Campbell
06-30-2003, 10:38 AM
Now that we've been on somewhat of a roll (yeah, we're still under .500) do you guys agree that our guys are really getting along? And if so, can this bode well for the coming weeks and months? Just a thought.

My guarded answer is...maybe. The Sox have played well lately, but if they get a touch of the "proud of ourselves" syndrome, as someone here put it, they'll falter against the Twins. Also, we have to sweep the D-Rays, or I'll go batty.