PDA

View Full Version : Help Wanted

TornLabrum
06-29-2003, 08:57 PM
For my next "Fallen Arches" column (which I'd like to finish by late this week), I'd like to include as many incidents as possible that show the inherent stupidity of Cubs fans. I'm looking for something one or more Cubs fans said or did, preferably in this week's series, that shows how out of touch with reality they are.

To give you an example, I'm going to include a conversation with a Cubs fan that I had Friday that started with with a Cubs fan saying after we sang "Take Me Out to the Ball Game," "Huh! Really original," and how the conversation degenerated into, as usual, his resorting to the attendance argument.

I'm also looking for examples of boorish behavior by Cubs fans that you encountered.

Please email these to me privately. I'd like to use your names and where you are from with your permission. Email me at hvickery@svs.com .

Thanks

StillMissOzzie
06-30-2003, 01:00 AM
Maybe not quite what you're looking for, but it made me laugh. One Scrub fan was dismissing the 4 games to 1 (this was during Sunday's game) because the Sox were still under .500 and the Cubs were in 1st place (not really) and above .500 (and just barely). I pointed out that this wouldn't be true if we played the Scrubs more often. It got some laughs from our area.

From a more historical perspective, I swear this exchange really took place a few years ago:

Q. What did the Cubs do today?
A. (me) They lost 8 - 0
Q. Did Sammy hit one?

:gulp:

Steve Bartman
06-30-2003, 03:03 PM
They still think they are in first place!

cheeses_h_rice
06-30-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie

From a more historical perspective, I swear this exchange really took place a few years ago:

A. (me) They lost 8 - 0
Q. Did Sammy hit one?

"Drunk, fat, stupid and a Cubs fan is no way to go through life, son..."

rmusacch
06-30-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
Maybe not quite what you're looking for, but it made me laugh. One Scrub fan was dismissing the 4 games to 1 (this was during Sunday's game) because the Sox were still under .500 and the Cubs were in 1st place (not really) and above .500 (and just barely). I pointed out that this wouldn't be true if we played the Scrubs more often. It got some laughs from our area.

A. (me) They lost 8 - 0
Q. Did Sammy hit one?

That reminds me of the scene in Ferris Bueller's Day Off when Rooney walks into the bar or restaurant and sees the Cubs game and asks what's the score and the guy behind the counter says 0-0 and Rooney asks who's winning and the guy says Da Bears.

southsidegirl
07-05-2003, 12:01 AM
At my school in fifth grade we had to go to the Cubs game for a field trip. There were these guys in the upper deck drunk as hell. It happens that the same day we were there one of the Nsync guy was shooting for this one movie that I have never heard of and he sung the 7th inning stretch. So the drunk Cubs fans started talking to us about how they were Nsync. All of our teachers wouldn't let us go anywhere near them.

JaBBz
07-05-2003, 10:09 AM
Not something they said, but something I did to exploit the overwhelmingly stupid ones...

Every time Sosa was booed Friday and Sunday (the games which I attended), I stood up and yelled, "RACISTS!!! You are all racists!"...