PDA

View Full Version : White Sox vs. Twins

RKMeibalane
06-29-2003, 07:34 PM
As it stands right now, these are pitching matchups for the series against Minnesota:

Monday: Joe Mays (8-4, 5.77 ERA) vs. Jon Garland (5-6, 4.81 ERA)

Tuesday: Brad Radke (5-7, 5.64 ERA) vs. Mark Buehrle (5-10, 4.59 ERA)

Wednesday: Kyle Lohse (6-6, 3.96 ERA) vs. Dan Wright (0-3, 5.03 ERA)

I hope Jerry "The Tinkerer" Manuel doesn't decide to bench Frank Thomas again. The Sox need his bat in the lineup every day. I would love to see Paul Konerko get back on track, but this is not the time to send him out there, not when the Sox have chance to change the complexion of the AL Central race.

doublem23
06-29-2003, 07:36 PM
I'll be there on Tuesday trying to spread some drunken luck to the Pale Hose!

PaleHoseGeorge
06-29-2003, 08:48 PM
Anybody care to guess how many games Konerko will play? You just know Manuel isn't through tinkering.

:jerry
"I announced Konerko's benching yesterday. Thus I'm required to start him tomorrow."

RKMeibalane
06-29-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Anybody care to guess how many games Konerko will play? You just know Manuel isn't through tinkering.

:jerry
"I announced Konerko's benching yesterday. Thus I'm required to start him tomorrow."

I'm convinced that Konerko will start at least one game in this series. Manuel just can't seem to keep him off the field. Now is not the time for Paulie to be working through his slump. The Sox are in a pennant race, and they need their most capable players in the lineup every day.

lowesox
06-29-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I'm convinced that Konerko will start at least one game in this series. Manuel just can't seem to keep him off the field. Now is not the time for Paulie to be working through his slump. The Sox are in a pennant race, and they need their most capable players in the lineup every day.

When they're both at their best is Konerko really that much better than Daubach?

The other issue here is that Thomas seems to be the regular firstbaseman now, so that means that the DH spot could be occupied by several more competent players. ie. Graf, Miles, or any scrap pile FA.

I'd like to see Konerko get going, but this lineup has too many holes as it is. What they should do is send him on a 'rehab stint'. So that he can get hot without the rest of the team suffering through is lumps.

konerkopeachy
06-29-2003, 10:24 PM
I'll be at Wednesday's game. If you see a pink-and-black haired object, say hello to it. The Sox are also 6-0 with me in attendance...hrrm...not that it matters or anything....

lowesox
06-29-2003, 10:28 PM
Wow, isn't it intense how we're going from one important series to the next? This is probably the most entertaining stretch of the season. Thankfully we're playing well too.

There's a very good chance that we won't make the playoffs but if every night is a good night of baseball the rest of the way, like it's been in the last week or two, I'll be happy.

Go sox.

mike squires
06-29-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

I think there is a reason i walked into the Champaign Osco drugs and saw about 200 Paul Konerko bobbleheads for 6 bucks a piece. Being the die-hard Sox fan I went ahead and picked one up. I couldn't help it. I'll be there Monday hoping Cy Mays doesn't have his best stuff!

WinningUgly!
06-30-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Hopefully zero. I have a feeling Pauly is going to come down with a phantom injury that will land him on the DL. It will most likely be blamed on the play when he went down chasing the foul ball during Saturday's game. Hopefully, he will then be able to make a rehab stint in the minors to get his stuff together. This would be the best possible scenario for both Konerko & the team.

gosox41
06-30-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by lowesox
When they're both at their best is Konerko really that much better than Daubach?

The other issue here is that Thomas seems to be the regular firstbaseman now, so that means that the DH spot could be occupied by several more competent players. ie. Graf, Miles, or any scrap pile FA.

I'd like to see Konerko get going, but this lineup has too many holes as it is. What they should do is send him on a 'rehab stint'. So that he can get hot without the rest of the team suffering through is lumps.

Konerko may be better when they're both at their best. Of course the problem is Konerko is far from his best and until the rest of team starts hitting, PK should be on the bench hiding his head in shame for being worse then I could have ever imagined.

Bob

thecell
06-30-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
I'll be there on Tuesday trying to spread some drunken luck to the Pale Hose!

I'll try to add to the drunken stupor on Tuesday

maurice
06-30-2003, 03:51 PM
I was checking some stats in anticipation of the twinkies series and noticed the following. During the month of June, only two Twins pitchers had an ERA less than 5.00. Plus, the only real good hitter in their everyday lineup is Koskie. If the enthusiasm from the scrubs series carries over, we should to jump all over these guys.

34 Inch Stick
06-30-2003, 04:20 PM
If 30,000 fannies are in the seats tonight I cannot imagine how the players would be able to let down. The Twins on a nice nite with half price tickets with the Sox playing well should mean good attendence during this series.