PDA

View Full Version : I knew WGN 720 AM was a Cubs station, but:

ChiSox14305635
06-29-2003, 05:48 PM
The Score as well? I'm listening to some of these Cub buffoons basically downplaying this series. And the host (Jessie Rogers) has said the Cubs are the better team (even though he said he's trying to be impartial). I think the one Sox fan that called got lambasted. I don't know, maybe I picked the wrong day to listen, but the Cubs get one win in this series, and they get ridiculous.

Konerkoholic
06-29-2003, 05:50 PM
Cub fans have nothing to be proud of. Their team salvaged a win in each series.

Dan H
06-29-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
The Score as well? I'm listening to some of these Cub buffoons basically downplaying this series. And the host (Jessie Rogers) has said the Cubs are the better team (even though he said he's trying to be impartial). I think the one Sox fan that called got lambasted. I don't know, maybe I picked the wrong day to listen, but the Cubs get one win in this series, and they get ridiculous.

You can't take this too seriously since Cub fans think there is a World Series behind every two game winning streak or in this case, a one game winning streak. Right now both teams have problems and are not in the elite of their leagues. So niether team is in the position to gloat. But the Sox have gotten an emotional jump start. It will be interesting to see they remain this intense for the rest of the season.

duke of dorwood
06-29-2003, 06:25 PM
The wrong day to listen to 670 is everyday