PDA

View Full Version : Sammy makes me want to puke.

i_luv_jgarland
06-29-2003, 03:39 PM
So whiny pants Sosa opened his big ol' cheating-lying-whiny-pants mouth to the media far before his projected date to whine about how mean Sox fans were to him!? I was at the game on Friday, and IMO, I didn't think we were loud and annoying enough! Only one or two chants of corky? Of course there was booing every time he came on or off the field, or up to bat- but come on.. we do that to our OWN players sometimes ( just ask JG or Beuhrle)

Anyway... I think Sammy got off easy... what do you guys think?? :?:

BTW... Honorable mentions to the guy with the cork wig, and the guy with the "Sammy, May the cork be with you" sign. :D:

Fridaythe13thJason
06-29-2003, 03:43 PM
I didn't see that he had spoken. What did he say exactly?

i_luv_jgarland
06-29-2003, 04:03 PM
I just went back to reread the article... It was the journalist that was making the fans sound like a buncha out of control lunatics... sammy was trying to brush it off... it doesnt say WHY exactly he was talking to the media... he didnt really say anything

he still bugs me cuz hes so fake and cheesy. is there anything REAL about this guy??

:?:

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/chc/news/chc_news.jsp?ymd=20030628&content_id=400626&vkey=news_chc&fext=.jsp&c_id=chn

(sorry I dont know how to put links on this thing...)

B. Diddy
06-29-2003, 04:05 PM
While watching the game yesterday, I saw a shirt that read:

"Sammy Sucks Cork"

I about peed in my pants laughing! :D:

Streets
06-29-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by i_luv_jgarland

Anyway... I think Sammy got off easy... what do you guys think?? :?:

I think Sosa got off way to easy. I was at Friday's game out in right center, and imo the crowd was not loud enough. I could barely hear "corkey" chants. Yeah the signs and t'shirts were great, but not everybody saw those and you know he didn't. We could have been a lot more vocal.

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-29-2003, 06:05 PM
i went to the friday and saturday game and it seemed like their were more sox fans on friday. i could hear a corkey chant when he came up in the first inning on friday but that was it. Some guys on friday were walking around in the upperdeck concourse chanting SOSA SUCKS with a cork + steriods = sosa is a cheater sign or something along the lines of that. There was some booing on saturday but a lot of cheering from fub fans :/

doublem23
06-29-2003, 08:38 PM
Anyone else see him doing his little hop after the Cubs won today (kind of a dig on the Sox), becasue.. GOD FORBID... a team celebrate after a walk-off home run.

You're right, Cub fans. This is the first time a baseball team has EVER celebrated a win in the 9th inning.

Ever.

voodoochile
06-29-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Streets
I think Sosa got off way to easy. I was at Friday's game out in right center, and imo the crowd was not loud enough. I could barely hear "corkey" chants. Yeah the signs and t'shirts were great, but not everybody saw those and you know he didn't. We could have been a lot more vocal.

I bought one after yesterday's game, but unfortunately, went to the game with my flubbie fan "nephews" (9 and 5) today so couldn't wear it without explaining lots of concepts I'm not sure my buddy wants to get into just yet. Oh well, there's always next year...

fquaye149
06-30-2003, 04:03 AM
"Let's face it, these guys are playing unbelievable baseball," Sosa said of the White Sox. "I've never seen them perform that way.

what sport is he watching?

Viva Magglio
06-30-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Anyone else see him doing his little hop after the Cubs won today (kind of a dig on the Sox), becasue.. GOD FORBID... a team celebrate after a walk-off home run.

You're right, Cub fans. This is the first time a baseball team has EVER celebrated a win in the 9th inning.

Ever.

Well, I hope Dusty Baker chewed out Sosa for his postgame hop. You know how much Dusty hates teams celebrating victories. Oh, wait a minute, it was HIS team that won so Dusty didn't have a problem with Sosa's celebration. I guess Dusty only has a problem if a team celebrates a victory at his own team's expense.

TommyJohn
06-30-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Well, I hope Dusty Baker chewed out Sosa for his postgame hop. You know how much Dusty hates teams celebrating victories. Oh, wait a minute, it was HIS team that won so Dusty didn't have a problem with Sosa's celebration. I guess Dusty only has a problem if a team celebrates a victory at his own team's expense.

Johnnie just needs to grow a thicker hide. His skin is so thin you
can practically see through it.

Bucktown
06-30-2003, 11:39 PM
I liked Sosa with the Sox and I still like him.

Konerkoholic
06-30-2003, 11:48 PM
The Philly fans gave SamME a loud chant of COR-KY! int he 9th today. I'm not sure if they did it for every at-bat but it was freakin' hilarious. Sure enough, Mr. No-clutch popped out and the Cubs lose. :D:

sox_fan_forever
06-30-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Konerkoholic
The Philly fans gave SamME a loud chant of COR-KY! int he 9th today. I'm not sure if they did it for every at-bat but it was freakin' hilarious. Sure enough, Mr. No-clutch popped out and the Cubs lose. :D:

That's great! I wish I had seen it.

i_luv_jgarland
07-01-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by TommyJohn
Johnnie just needs to grow a thicker hide. His skin is so thin you
can practically see through it.

What are you talking about!? Johnnie who? And what does that have to do with your quote?! :?:

TommyJohn
07-03-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by i_luv_jgarland
What are you talking about!? Johnnie who? And what does that have to do with your quote?! :?:

Johnnie is Dusty Baker's real first name. And I picked that quote
because VM wrote that Baker has a problem with other teams
celebrating when they beat the Cubs. I am stating that he has
a problem with it because he is too thin-skinned. He just needs to lighten up and not let stuff like that get to him.

FarWestChicago
07-03-2003, 01:01 PM
Johnnie is Dusty Baker's real first name. And I picked that quote
because VM wrote that Baker has a problem with other teams
celebrating when they beat the Cubs. I am stating that he has
a problem with it because he is too thin-skinned. He just needs to lighten up and not let stuff like that get to him. He is very sensitive to even the slightest criticism. He couldn't even handle the very polite Bay Area media. He would love New York. :D:

i_luv_jgarland
07-03-2003, 09:04 PM
Baker has a problem with other teams
celebrating when they beat the Cubs.

Hmm... Baker must have a problem an awful lot then. :D: