PDA

View Full Version : Flubs Own Don't Know Standings


BearSox
06-29-2003, 01:53 PM
I was listening to a Mark Prior interview on Fox Sports radio this morning and he said something along the lines of "even with all the problems lately we're still in first place"

Its not just the fans that are uninformed its now their own players.

Fridaythe13thJason
06-29-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by BearSox
I was listening to a Mark Prior interview on Fox Sports radio this morning and he said something along the lines of "even with all the problems lately we're still in first place"

Its not just the fans that are uninformed its now their own players.

Prior is too busy thinking about himself and how cool he is to know those things. Yes, he is a good pitcher, maybe great, but he is excessively arrogant as well.

RKMeibalane
06-29-2003, 01:58 PM
Rule of Thumb: Anyone associated with the name "Chicago Cubs" should be considered stupid and devoid of any significant baseball knowledge.

Thunderstruck30
06-30-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Rule of Thumb: Anyone associated with the name "Chicago Cubs" should be considered stupid and devoid of any significant baseball knowledge.

Thats true. Fans, owners, players, there all idiots!

Thunderstruck30
06-30-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30


Thats true. Fans, owners, players, there all idiots!

Ohh and I forgot TV and radio broadcasters(Carey and Santo).

Hangar18
06-30-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
Prior is too busy thinking about himself and how cool he is to know those things. Yes, he is a good pitcher, maybe great, but he is excessively arrogant as well.

His Arrogance is one of the most Arrogant Players to come along
in quite some time. I heard that he ordered himself a Hummer
with Mirrored Windows, so He can Admire himself when hes
getting in his car

Foulke You
06-30-2003, 05:11 PM
This season is reminding me a little bit of '01 with all of the Cubs talk of them being in first place. All year, that is all you heard from their players and fans. "Well, we're in first place!" Then in typical Cubs fashion, they finished third yet somehow that season is thought of as successful.

This year is similar, Cubs fans and players constantly reminding us of their place in the standings. Now their precious team being exposed and is in a tailspin and fading fast courtesy of the White Sox and Brewers. I think 3rd or 4th place will be in their future permenently by the All Star Break.

gosox41
06-30-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
This season is reminding me a little bit of '01 with all of the Cubs talk of them being in first place. All year, that is all you heard from their players and fans. "Well, we're in first place!" Then in typical Cubs fashion, they finished third yet somehow that season is thought of as successful.

This year is similar, Cubs fans and players constantly reminding us of their place in the standings. Now their precious team being exposed and is in a tailspin and fading fast courtesy of the White Sox and Brewers. I think 3rd or 4th place will be in their future permenently by the All Star Break.


I hope so. I got into it with a vendor yesterday who was a Cub fan and made a comment (while swearing in front of children) about how the Cell only fills up when Cub fans come to it. So some Sox fans starting getting on him. His reply (and this is during the game) was about who was in first place and who was kicking butt. One of the nearby fans pointed out the obivous, that at the time the Cubs were in third place and maybe he should shut up. Never saw him down our aisle again.

Bob