PDA

View Full Version : Quote Of The Day 6/29

Lip Man 1
06-29-2003, 01:54 PM
"I come every day prepared to win. If it is (Jerry Manuel's) way as a manager that everyone that makes mistakes sits on the bench, you have to sit the whole team, because we all make mistakes." -Duh Angelo Jimenez to the Daily Southtown.

Especially you DuhAngelo!

Lip

DrCrawdad
06-29-2003, 02:00 PM
I think I just heard the quote of the day. In the WGN pregame, Santo was interviewing Musty Baked. They were both crying and whinning like little girls. Both said that the Sox have celebrated like they won the World Series. Both were incensed that Manuel encouraged the crowd.

Pat Hughes though sounded the voice of reason by saying that it was a case of the shoe being on the other foot. Hughes said that if the Cubbies had won in that dramatic fashion the Cubbie would be acting quite the same.

RKMeibalane
06-29-2003, 02:13 PM
Ron Santo has absolutely no credibility as a baseball analyst. When he's not wetting himself over another Sosa homerun, he's bitching and moaning about how the "Cubs got screwed," or something to that effect.

As far as yeterday's celebrating goes, the Sox had every right to be fired up. They just won an important game, and they are continuing to show signs of becoming a factor in the AL Central race. I'd say that's reason to feel good. If Santo has a problem with that, then maybe he should have stayed home this afternoon.