PDA

View Full Version : When Cubbie Fans Attack...

DrCrawdad
06-29-2003, 07:32 AM
As Sox fans we often hear from Cubbie fans that these games mean more to Sox fans than Cubbie fans. If that's true, then I find the attacks that I've been hearing on Sox fans on the radio and in newsgroups revealing.

If you're like me, then you've often heard put-downs of Sox fans based on generalizations, socio-economic factors and race. Often times these attacks go right by radio hosts without comment. Don't let a Sox fan mention anything about Wrigleyville's proximity to Boystown though.

If these games against the Sox don't mean anything to Cubbie fans then why the insipid put-downs?

Here's a selection of some of the attacks on Sox fans that I've come across recently. The ones below are from so-called respective members of Cubbiedoom:

Hate=Profit
Right. The Cubs have stunk up the joint so far this year. But I find it
interesting that the only time the Sox have more than 15000 in the yard is
when the Cubs show up. Bless the blue collar types and their hatred of the
north side. Jump into their Ford's and head to Comiskey, suck down a few Old
Style's and pretend that it's a ball park for a few hours. And to think
Tampa Bay might have had them on the cheap.

FMR

Excuse me while I wipe all the slime from all the Sox fans off me. Jeez, two
more days of this.

(Then in response.)
I find Sox fans to be sore *winners* when they beat the Cubs. It's almost as
if they are happier that the Cubs lose, than that they win. - Al Yellon.

No wonder people think of the Sux fans as stupid idiotic morons... this
idiot is one of 'em.

HAND.

--- Cory

For the record, I haven't bothered to note any of the swipes that Sox fans have an "inferiority complex".

"Inferiority complex"? NO.
Chip on the shoulder? YES!

alohafri
06-29-2003, 08:04 AM
We took our scrub fan friends to the game yesterday. The wife said these games don't count.

Hmmmm--last time I checked, the Sox knocked the scrubbies out of first place.

These games are bringing the Sox ever closer to the .500 mark. Last time I checked, that counts in the standings.

Maybe I'm delusional?

alohafri
06-29-2003, 08:05 AM
oops--my previous post was from Mrs. Aloha!

hose
06-29-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
As Sox fans we often hear from Cubbie fans that these games mean more to Sox fans than Cubbie fans. If that's true, then I find the attacks that I've been hearing on Sox fans on the radio and in newsgroups revealing.

If you're like me, then you've often heard put-downs of Sox fans based on generalizations, socio-economic factors and race. Often times these attacks go right by radio hosts without comment. Don't let a Sox fan mention anything about Wrigleyville's proximity to Boystown though.

If these games against the Sox don't mean anything to Cubbie fans then why the insipid put-downs?

Here's a selection of some of the attacks on Sox fans that I've come across recently. The ones below are from so-called respective members of Cubbiedoom:

For the record, I haven't bothered to note any of the swipes that Sox fans have an "inferiority complex".

"Inferiority complex"? NO.
Chip on the shoulder? YES!

Cubs fans are starting to sound like John Levitz from Saturday Night Live.

"Yeah that's the ticket, these games don't mean anything to Cub fans . "

Dan H
06-29-2003, 10:00 AM
Cubs always say it doesn't mean anything when their team loses. I was at a Sox-Cubs game at Wrigley in 2000. All game long they were yelling insults at Sox fans. If the game doesn't mean anything, what's with the hostility?

The plain fact is that their team stinks again. Instead of facing up to it, they crawl into their denial hole. In October it will be 95 years and counting.

duke of dorwood
06-29-2003, 11:01 AM
And we dont have that Old Style crap in our park anyway

duke of dorwood
06-29-2003, 11:04 AM
I was there in 2002 and someone tried to start a fight with me and a friend for having Sox jerseys on. NO, it means nothing to them. Its the only time the media CANT shelter them.

irish rover
06-29-2003, 11:14 AM
this was from the coob mlb board, of course no coob fan said anything to the guy

"From:_ GOCubbies28 _ 3:38 am_ To:_ 72fan unread _

(23 of 27)__ 44491.23 in reply to 44491.20_ yes first place has treated us extremely well......we've been there for most of the season.......when was the last time you were in first place......o ya i remember.....two years ago.....or wasnt that the wildcard year??? i cant remember sorry too many beatings to the head today after #### gave up game winners to jose #### stash valentin and aaron "lucky just like the ####" rowand.......

and ya cubs may not have won a division title since 1989 but then again we do play in a TALENTED league and division.......i mean the astros and cardinals......great teams......but i dont see how u guys can stand to beat such GREAT teams as the twins and royals...........wow man......o wait u havent beat em.....uve lost thats why ur 8.5 back.......and we contend w/ the cardinals and luckstros.....and yet as of today are only a game out........

AND another thing........at least our fans arent a bunch of #### ####, chili ****ters, dagos and drunken irish WOPS........

chip carey is the single greatest announcer since his grandfather harry......he may make outragious calls but atleast we dont have a negro who wouldnt know a bunt from a #### and a white guy named DJ.......no wonder your horrible ballpark is across from the projects........gotta be close to your negros and mexicans because thats the only fans you have........and since when do you put homeruns on a board??? they should end up on a street or bleachers like in heaven......i mean wrigley......... "

RKMeibalane
06-29-2003, 11:17 AM
This reminds me of something a WSI poster had as his signature during last year's interleague series:

"The best part of beating the Cubs is not the acutal game, but the whining and excuses that are sure to follow."

Cubs fans are extremely predictable. They run their mouths until it becomes obvious that nothing they say has any validity to it, so they resort to personal attacks and comments about US Cellular Field. That's why I don't let Cubs fans get to me anymore. They talk a big game, but once they realize that their team sucks, they're finished.

MarkV
06-29-2003, 11:36 AM
My mom and I were at the game yesterday and we had to deal with four morons sitting behind us. All we heard was "Sox suck! Sox suck!" Then they started getting on my mom, insulting her. That was enough. I turned around and started giving it to them. Everyone, even some intelligent Cubs fans started getting on them cause these guys were obnoxious, using profanity, and probably drunk. Security came over and threw them out of the park. Too bad they were ejected, cause I would have loved to see their faces when Rowand got the big HR and Ordonez scored the winning run. Let's get a sweep and make a run for the playoffs, while the Flubs end up with their regular 90 + losses.

vegyrex
06-29-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by MarkV
Everyone, even some intelligent Cubs fans started getting on them cause these guys were obnoxious, using profanity, and probably drunk.

What? Intelligent flub fans?? Isn't that an oxymoron?? :smile:

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-29-2003, 01:02 PM
yeah, cub fans are pretty bad, i was about 20 rows up in the upperdeck yesterday and all i heard from cub fans was complaining about how they thought they would die sitting up there. it's not bad at all if you actually pay attention to the game rather than looking down at other people. how could someone be a fan of a team that has a bear taking a crap on a C for a logo?!?!?!

DrCrawdad
06-29-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by irish rover
this was from the coob mlb board, of course no coob fan said anything to the guy

"From:_ GOCubbies28 _ 3:38 am_ To:_ 72fan unread_ (23 of 27)__44491.23 in reply to 44491.20_
AND another thing........at least our fans arent a bunch of #### ####, chili ****ters, dagos and drunken irish WOPS........gotta be close to your negros and mexicans because thats the only fans you have........

That's incredible! Did any Cubbie fans step up and say anything in response?

doublem23
06-29-2003, 01:33 PM
In dealing with racist, arrogant, and incredibly stupid Cub fans, it's just easier letting them think they know what they're talking about rather than trying to talk some sense into them... When someone reaches that low of an IQ, this whole "knowledge" and "truth" things are just too hard to comprehend.

Self-righteous, arrogant, yuppies (or yuppy-wanna-be's).

Jerko
06-29-2003, 04:02 PM
AND another thing........at least our fans arent a bunch of #### ####, chili ****ters, dagos and drunken irish WOPS........

chip carey is the single greatest announcer since his grandfather harry......he may make outragious calls but atleast we dont have a negro who wouldnt know a bunt from a #### and a white guy named DJ.......no wonder your horrible ballpark is across from the projects........gotta be close to your negros and mexicans because thats the only fans you have........

THAT was from a Cub board, huh? So I guess along with having no class AND no brains, the Cub fans have no ethnicity either. I guess that is true; mindless sheep don't have nationalities!

sox_fan_forever
06-29-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
In dealing with racist, arrogant, and incredibly stupid Cub fans, it's just easier letting them think they know what they're talking about rather than trying to talk some sense into them... When someone reaches that low of an IQ, this whole "knowledge" and "truth" things are just too hard to comprehend.

I agree. I was at all three games this weekend so I heard plenty from flub fans, but I just ignored them. I figured I'd let the players do the talking, which they certainly did on Friday and Saturday. I'm not sure what was more fun, hi-fiving complete strangers or observing the look of shock on every flubbie fans face. :gulp:

voodoochile
06-29-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Seems more likely they are just drunk and angry and looking for a fight. Figure if they say enough crap someone will give them a pop and then they can go at it. Stupid people doing stupid things...