PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Ready to make moves?

NewyorkSoxFan
06-29-2003, 07:09 AM
So Kenny seems like he is talking about improving the club. Should we get excited or is this going to be some minor addition, that KW lauds as our last link to winning a championship? I don't know but its fun to think about whats going on with this team. But I don't want to get too excited!! :D:

NYSF

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sports_story.asp?intID=3780157

Tree
06-29-2003, 07:55 AM
Diangelo at 3rd?

MRKARNO
06-29-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Tree
Diangelo at 3rd?

He wont be forced to turn half the double plays he did at second

Jurr
06-29-2003, 08:32 AM
If this Robbie Alomar thing is true, kiss D'angelo's a** goodbye.
Alomar, one bullpen guy, and Kenny Lofton again would be great.

voodoochile
06-29-2003, 10:07 AM
"It's been a long time here in Chicago and we have some work to do in recapturing some of our lost fan base...I don't think it's a time to be shy about or worry too much about what we have down the line. We have to worry about now and seize the opportunity."

Maybe he really does read WSI. I would love to see an addition. With the starting pitching looking as good or better than any team since 1983, this squad won't take much tweaking to become contenders.

I doubt they get both a CF and a 2B. Sox get one and Willie plays the other unles DJ suddenly wakes up and sees what he is missing sitting on the bench.

RedPinStripes
06-29-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Jurr

Lofton? Not so sure about that. One thing that scares me abut Manuel putting Jiminez at 3rd is if he plays 3rd better then 2b, Crede might be on the trading block.

Jjav829
06-29-2003, 10:46 AM
I think that Manuel was joking about Jimenez at 3rd. It seemed like he said that kind of tongue-in-cheek. Obviously not hearing it, I can't be sure, but it seemed like he was joking about that.

duke of dorwood
06-29-2003, 11:51 AM
As weak as our defense is, Crede is solid and I wouldn't mess with that. So that probably means they will.

Tragg
06-29-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Jurr

Alomar and Lofton?
Lord help us.

WillieHarris12
06-29-2003, 12:08 PM
Graffanino at 1st yesterday was a little bit more unusual than Jimenez at third. :)

OEO Magglio
06-29-2003, 01:25 PM
Well if anyone thought manuel was joking about starting jimenez at 3rd, well he wasn't cause d'angelo is starting at 3rd today.

Lip Man 1
06-29-2003, 02:01 PM
The only names that I have seen printed in publications has been Roberto Alomar, Chris Singleton and Sidney Ponson.

Does anyone know of any others?

Lip

Saracen
06-29-2003, 02:05 PM
Luis Castillo

lowesox
06-29-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Sox get one and Willie plays the other

I'm not sure what it was that Willie Harris has done to endear himself to WhiteSox fans. Personally, I find him useless. He's hitting less than .200 and he rarely tries to steal. I'd rather see Rowand in the lineup any day. I think his struggles early on were in part because of his injury. Harris, however, has no excuse.

Iguana775
06-29-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Saracen
Luis Castillo

That would be a great move to get him. Not sure who we'd trade for him.

JRIG
06-29-2003, 05:47 PM
Willie Harris has 16 hits this season in 87 at bats. 6 of them have come on infield bunts or infield singles. He has walked twice. And he has 1 extra base hit. Yet he has played in 13 consecutive games.

SluggersAway
06-29-2003, 07:36 PM
Meanwhile...

Since being recalled to the club on June 11, Rowand has gone 11-for-28 (.392).

And after Sunday's game, Rowand has 2HR, 6 hits and 6 RBI in four games against the Cubs this season.

Daver
06-29-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by SluggersAway
Meanwhile...

Since being recalled to the club on June 11, Rowand has gone 11-for-28 (.392).

And after Sunday's game, Rowand has 2HR, 6 hits and 6 RBI in four games against the Cubs this season.

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

MHOUSE
06-29-2003, 07:50 PM
Rowand has played very well since being recalled. He's a better option in CF than Willie Harris and batting second seemed like a decent idea. Regardless, we need a replacement for Jimenez and to play Rowand everyday. Trade Willie or send him down, he's useless. We can find a CF for next season and I think Aaron's struggles were due to injury and no spring training. He seems to have fixed them in AAA and he'll hold down the fort until Borchard or whomever is ready.

Castillo 2B trade from FLA Marlins
Rowand CF
Thomas 1B
Maggs RF
Daubach DH
Lee LF
Valentin SS
Crede 3B
Olivo C

Pick a lineup and stick to it Jerry!

BKozi
06-29-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Rowand has played very well since being recalled. He's a better option in CF than Willie Harris and batting second seemed like a decent idea. Regardless, we need a replacement for Jimenez and to play Rowand everyday. Trade Willie or send him down, he's useless. We can find a CF for next season and I think Aaron's struggles were due to injury and no spring training. He seems to have fixed them in AAA and he'll hold down the fort until Borchard or whomever is ready.

Castillo 2B trade from FLA Marlins
Rowand CF
Thomas 1B
Maggs RF
Daubach DH
Lee LF
Valentin SS
Crede 3B
Olivo C

Pick a lineup and stick to it Jerry!

I really like this Castillo idea but we still need to ditch Rowand. He is a great 4th outfielder but does not belong on the field everyday. If he is in the lineup, I don't think we can keep him batting second. Move up Daubach if anything. At least he can move Castillo over.

Jjav829
06-29-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
I think that Manuel was joking about Jimenez at 3rd. It seemed like he said that kind of tongue-in-cheek. Obviously not hearing it, I can't be sure, but it seemed like he was joking about that.

Yeah uh, so much for that. I guess I should have known better. After that error by Jimenez, can we put an end to the D'Angelo Jimenez at 3rd experiment.

Jjav829
06-29-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
I'm not sure what it was that Willie Harris has done to endear himself to WhiteSox fans. Personally, I find him useless. He's hitting less than .200 and he rarely tries to steal. I'd rather see Rowand in the lineup any day. I think his struggles early on were in part because of his injury. Harris, however, has no excuse.

Agreed. On that line of thought, does anyone else think that Kerry Wood took a deep sigh of relief and laughed to himself once he realized that he would be facing Armando Rios and Willie Harris with the bases loaded? I can just see him thinking..."Uh oh, I'm in some trouble here. Gotta try to minimize the damage. O wait, here comes Armando Rios. Thank God. I could use a free out here....*does away with Rios*...ok well I still gotta get one more out. O man, seriously, Willie Harris? Haha, this is too easy. Good thing they're not sending up any real hitters. *walks off the mound laughing in relief at Armando Rios and Willie Harris*"

Pretty sad. Forget the damn lefty, I would have rather seen Olivo, Graf, or even the struggling Konerko up there at that point. But Armando Rios and Willie Harris. Yuck!