PDA

View Full Version : After Saturday's Rain Delay

A.T. Money
06-29-2003, 01:43 AM
Classic. The rain lets up, I start going towards the bleachers where my season tix are, and all you hear are the Cub fans gloating about how they're gonna win, and the Sox suck, etc. The score is 6-4.

The bottom of the 7th inning nearly made me crap in my pants! LOL. First, Carlos crushed that fall from Farnsworth, and he's robbed. Then, I seriously thought Valentin's was gone. I thought he got more of it than that. Sosa will never make another play like that in his life. ARRRRRGH.

Then in the 8th, when Rowand connected, the place was insane. Sox fans were running up and down the isles, giving high fives, hugging each other. Hell, I don't know any of these guys, and we're hugging and high fiving. Cub fans.....SILENT. They were so out of that game at that point, they knew they were going to lose after that.

Cub fans thought Dusty was a genius for walking Graf, because Jimenez sucks, but most Sox fans realize he's a better right handed hitter for average. BASEHIT, then hold our breath while Maggs tries to score, then he does. Just when I thought we broke the sound barrier on Friday, I have to think twice about today.

Loaiza goes for us now. And I think we have a good chance to sweep. Wood scares me quite a bit. He leads MLB in Ks, and I know we have beaten him, but it all depends on which Wood we see. Is the one the Yankees saw? Or the guy teams were seeing before the Yankees series? If we sweep, I think this may put the Sox in great shape to take this division, especially with Minnie coming to town.

spanishwhite
06-29-2003, 02:01 AM
Man, I wish I was there.

Just hearing your description makes me giddy(while listening
to a little trance)!

VeeckAsInWreck
06-29-2003, 02:52 AM
Sox Demon, I totally understand. I was in the left field bleachers in sec. 161 and those stupid Cub fans wouldn't shut up during the rain delay.
Finally, the tarp was off the field, and the players were on it. Rowand hits the HR and everyone is going nuts, hi-fiving and screaming at the top of their lungs, beside me were an older couple who are Cub fans, and at that point you couldn't tell if they were at a ballgame or a funeral. Their silence was just as loud as our cheers. At that point they knew they were screwed.
Dusty "The savior who will lead to the promise land " Baker decides to let Remlinger pitch to D'Angelo. HIT UP THE MIDDLE......hooray for our side! The place is going nuts and the only thing those idiots in Blue could say was: "Well, what team is in first?"

My response? "Since when do you crown a division winner before July?"

Take that northsidaz!

Take your brooms Sox fans!

DrCrawdad
06-29-2003, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
...The place is going nuts and the only thing those idiots in Blue could say was: "Well, what team is in first?"

My response? "Since when do you crown a division winner before July?"

Take that northsidaz!

Take your brooms Sox fans!

Cubbie fans,

You were in 1st place before you played the White Sox. Now WELCOME TO 3RD PLACE!

VeeckAsInWreck
06-29-2003, 03:26 AM
Thanks DrC!

I will try to put that on a poster board!

39thandWallace
06-29-2003, 07:59 AM
I was in my season ticket seat in 103. What a game I totally agree, these morons where gloating like the game was over when it stared raining.

Then Crash hits a 2 run jack to left field, HELL YA! A few flubbie fans by me but mostly Sox fans. That was almost as exciting as the '93 clincher.

voodoochile
06-29-2003, 08:54 AM
When they brought in Cruz, I knew the Sox were going to win. I had to point it out to the flubbie fans - they were too drunk to know who was pitching. They went from standing up and cheering to sitting down and slackjawed immediately. They knew they were screwed.

cheeses_h_rice
06-29-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
When they brought in Cruz, I knew the Sox were going to win. I had to point it out to the flubbie fans - they were too drunk to know who was pitching. They went from standing up and cheering to sitting down and slackjawed immediately. They knew they were screwed.

Cruz's first pitch went to the backstop.

I started smelling victory right then and there..."Baby Pedro" just soiled his diapers!

A.T. Money
06-29-2003, 10:55 PM
Sox Demon, I totally understand. I was in the left field bleachers in sec. 161 and those stupid Cub fans wouldn't shut up during the rain delay.

My season tix are in 161. I'm in the 6th row!

VeeckAsInWreck
06-30-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
My season tix are in 161. I'm in the 6th row!

Awesome!, me and my buddy have 3 seats, 2 in row 3 and one in row 7.
That day I started off in row 7 seat 11, but moved down to join my buddy and his wife down in the 3rd row. Several Cub fans left around the 8th inning. They knew they were screwed.

We'll have to have a cold one soon! :gulp: beer or soda! your choice!

A.T. Money
06-30-2003, 12:39 AM
Awesome!, me and my buddy have 3 seats, 2 in row 3 and one in row 7.
That day I started off in row 7 seat 11, but moved down to join my buddy and his wife down in the 3rd row. Several Cub fans left around the 8th inning. They knew they were screwed.

We'll have to have a cold one soon! :gulp: beer or soda! your choice!

You'll normally find my girlfriend and me at 161, row 6, seats 18 and 19. Sat and Sun games. I'm either wearing a Magglio vest jersey or my Frank road gray jersey.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-30-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
You'll normally find my girlfriend and me at 161, row 6, seats 18 and 19. Sat and Sun games. I'm either wearing a Magglio vest jersey or my Frank road gray jersey.

Cool! I am in 161 row 3 seats 13 & 14. I just have the weekend season ticket plan, but I normally have on my 1972 Sox hat on. I hope to meet you and your girlfriend sometime.
I expect to be at the park for the next weekend series game.