PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Manuel best manager in town?

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-29-2003, 01:15 AM
I attended the Friday game and the Saturday game, both emotional roller coasters. The thing that really got to me is the way Baker manages the Cubs' bullpen. To me, as a Sox fan it doesn't bother me at all. He plays the match ups as much as Manuel, he used Farnsworth for 2/3 of an inning and Guthrie for 1/3 of an inning. He uses that circus side show with 6 fingers for an inning even after giving up the game winning home run on Friday to Valentin and used a guy with the game tied at 6 who can throw some heat, but can't even come close to the plate when he has a proven veteran in Remlinger, who was brought in bound to fail just like Koch on Friday. Anyways, great win today and it's great to see the White Sox finally starting to take advantage of the other teams mistakes.

GO SOX!!!! :)

Konerkoholic
06-29-2003, 01:18 AM
Best manager? Maybe the lesser of two evils. Alfonseca is a joke and I was grinning like a madman when I saw he was warmed in the bullpen. Either Baker is having some sort of slump or he's been overrated by managing some very good Giants teams.

doublem23
06-29-2003, 02:00 AM
Dusty Baker is a glorified Don Baylor... Remember when the Cubs hired him and everyone predicted that he'd light a fire under the team with his tough discipline and aggressive style of baseball? Then they learned that he doesn't know jack **** about handling a pitching staff.

Whoops. :o:

WhiteSox = Life
06-29-2003, 02:09 AM
Baker was proclaimed to be a deity when the Cubs were in first place and now he's under fire now that people see his handling of the lineup and that the Cubs are losing (not that that's happened to innumerable Cubs managers over the years). Maybe he was overrated and having strong SF teams over the years has added to his mystique as one of the top managers in baseball.

I think I know the real reason he's losing his supernatural ability he displayed with the Cubs earlier in the season. He's run out of all those magic toothpicks.

:D: