PDA

View Full Version : Jay Levine Channel 2

soxrme
06-28-2003, 11:40 PM
Just caught channel 2 news with Jay Levine practically crying about the loss. Says cub fans are feeling horrible and Sox fans are smug. GREAT plays only by the cub outfield and then at the end made smart ass comment about celebration like THEY won world series. Hey jerk go back to Iraq and pretend your important.

soxwon
06-28-2003, 11:52 PM
hey when the twins beat us the other day with that HR and were celebrating like lil leagures, i pointed this out to my wife, now that we are celebrating like LL im all for it, jay levine is a cubber who cares, the fans i talk too ive been to 4 of 5 games are IN SHOCK. they cant believe theire almighty team CANT BEAT US. Good Riddance

now lets get Robo Alomar.

MRKARNO
06-29-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by soxwon
now lets get Robo Alomar.

I think our first choice would be Luis Castillo maybe

He's hitting .309 and his OBP is .369. He's an excellent base stealer and his defense is only OK i guess with 8 errors OPS of .773

Robbie on the other hand is hitting .266 and an OBP of .339. Mediocre basestealer as of late, but dont have anything like that now. OPS of .702. Only 6 errors

D'angelo is hitting .257 and an OBP of .330. Dont get me started with his baserunning. 7 errors but so many mistakes! OPS of .743

As far as I'm concerned, Alomar is only better because he's a veteran and would likely make less stupid mistakes. Castillo on the other hand is much better all around except maybe in terms of number of errors.

If we could get Castillo, watch out, but KW would likely take the other way out with ALomar, whom we might not have to give as much up for. Hopefully the other team will take Jimenez and his small $345,000 contract in the deal and maybe a few not really prospects from AAA.

WinningUgly!
06-29-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by soxrme
Just caught channel 2 news with Jay Levine practically crying about the loss. Says cub fans are feeling horrible and Sox fans are smug.

Wait until they check their morning Tribunes & see that their sCrUBBIES are now in 3rd place.http://www.themorlocks.com/talk/images/smiles/gene.gif

Thunderstruck30
06-29-2003, 12:15 AM
I absolutely hate it when people talk about teams that celebrate like that after a big win. Is it so wrong to play a game with emotion?

DrCrawdad
06-29-2003, 12:19 AM
Just caught channel 2 news with Jay Levine practically crying about the loss. Says cub fans are feeling horrible and Sox fans are smug. GREAT plays only by the cub outfield and then at the end made smart ass comment about celebration like THEY won world series. Hey jerk go back to Iraq and pretend your important.

It's the usual load of feces from Cub fans. I seem to remember the Cubbies celebrating like it was a World Series win when they won last Sunday and let's not forget that series win against the Yankees. You'll remember all the talk about the great Cubbie .500 homestand.

When I was at the game Friday after the Sox won some Cubbie fans were yelling about how they were in first place. Well big surprise that a Cubbie fan was wrong, but they weren't in first after they lost to the Sox Friday.

First place Cubbies? Welcome to 3rd place!

WinningUgly!
06-29-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Don't look now but the Reds are only 3 games behind them, too. The sCrUBS don't exactly have an easy stretch of games ahead of them before the All Star break, either...

Sun. 29 at Chicago Sox
Mon. 30 at Philadelphia
Tue. 1 at Philadelphia
Wed. 2 at Philadelphia
Thu. 3 at Philadelphia
Fri. 4 St. Louis
Sat. 5 St. Louis
Sun. 6 St. Louis
Mon. 7 Florida
Tue. 8 Florida
Wed. 9 Florida
Thu. 10 Atlanta
Fri. 11 Atlanta
Sat. 12 Atlanta
Sun. 13 Atlanta

ilsox7
06-29-2003, 12:34 AM
You stole my post from me WinningUgly! Also, after the break that team continues with a lot of Florida, Atlanta, and Phillie. Three quality teams...they very well could be a 4th place team in a few weeks...

Life is good, for today at least!

Does Tim Kurkjan annoy the hell out of anyone else?

Thunderstruck30
06-29-2003, 12:34 AM
At the beginning of the year I predicted the Cubs to finish 4th. I stand by that prediction. St Louis, Houstin, and Cincinnati will finish above them.

WinningUgly!
06-29-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
At the beginning of the year I predicted the Cubs to finish 4th. I stand by that prediction. St Louis, Houstin, and Cincinnati will finish above them. The Pirates could very well end up ahead of them too, if they keep that team together.

WhiteSox = Life
06-29-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by ilsox7
Does Tim Kurkjan annoy the hell out of anyone else?

He may sound like Tiny Tim, but he sure beats the crap out of Peter "Red-Sox-Scored-25-Runs-In-One-Game-And-Therefore-Will-Win-The-World-Series" Gammons.

Brian26
06-29-2003, 01:03 AM
Just caught channel 2 news with Jay Levine practically crying about the loss. Hey jerk go back to Iraq and pretend your important.

Or he can go home and put a paper bag over his ugly old lady's head before he bangs her. No wonder he ran off to Iraq.

Konerkoholic
06-29-2003, 01:15 AM
I hate how every damn local newscaster is always obviously rooting for the Cubs. A commercial for abc news shows Sosa's grab and says "The Cubs look to take one from the Sox." The Cubs look to take one? Aren't there two baseball teams in Chicago? The Cubs and Sox square off, how about that you biased pieces of ****? Maybe the Sox will need to take 5 of 6 to get some damn respect around here, because I'm getting tired of this ****. Does anyone here know if the local sportscasters have a Sox fan among 'em? Corey McPherrin seems like a Cub fan. Giengreco seems like one. I just gotta shake my head at this stuff.

WhiteSox = Life
06-29-2003, 01:31 AM
:giangreco
"I would've changed my colors if the Sox had swept the whole season series, but it looks like I'll continue bleeding my regular red and blue."

ilsox7
06-29-2003, 02:20 AM
Call me crazy, but I kinda like the fact that the media are a bunch of idiots. I only like this for one reason, though: when the Sox win a World Series before the Cubs ever do, we'll have the last laugh. And that last laugh will be soooooo sweet.

mmmmm sweet last laughs
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

LuvSox
06-29-2003, 08:44 AM
You guys ever meet Jay Levine? **** him. He's an arrogant *******. That goes for his slack **** wife too.

CLR01
06-29-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Wait until they check their morning Tribunes & see that their sCrUBBIES are now in 3rd place.http://www.themorlocks.com/talk/images/smiles/gene.gif

Originally posted by DrCrawdad

When I was at the game Friday after the Sox won some Cubbie fans were yelling about how they were in first place. Well big surprise that a Cubbie fan was wrong, but they weren't in first after they lost to the Sox Friday.

Leaving the park yesterday there were still cub fans yelling out, to the sox fans celebrating, saying "which team is in third place" poor guys are going to have hard time when they check the standings. Ofcourse i doubt that will happen. They will check Sammys home run total and skip over the rest.

34rancher
06-29-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Konerkoholic
I hate how every damn local newscaster is always obviously rooting for the Cubs. A commercial for abc news shows Sosa's grab and says "The Cubs look to take one from the Sox." The Cubs look to take one? Aren't there two baseball teams in Chicago? The Cubs and Sox square off, how about that you biased pieces of ****? Maybe the Sox will need to take 5 of 6 to get some damn respect around here, because I'm getting tired of this ****. Does anyone here know if the local sportscasters have a Sox fan among 'em? Corey McPherrin seems like a Cub fan. Giengreco seems like one. I just gotta shake my head at this stuff.
Actually Corey is a big Sox fan. He grew up in the south suburbs, I wanna say Markham or somewhere near there.

irish rover
06-29-2003, 12:20 PM
I agree Corey is a sox fan, met his father on a flight from Europe 2 years ago he had a sox hat on so I talked to him and found out he was Corey's dad

vegyrex
06-29-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Or he can go home and put a paper bag over his ugly old lady's head before he bangs her. No wonder he ran off to Iraq.

Aww, I always though Mary-Ann was kind of hot.

Lip Man 1
06-29-2003, 02:05 PM
Rich King of WGN-TV Sports is a Sox fan. Grew up on the South Side and was one of the Sox radio announcers in 1981 when WBBM - AM did the games.

Lip

vegyrex
06-29-2003, 02:17 PM
I heard Linda Yu say she's a Sox fan. Mike Flannery is a Sox fan.
What about Bruse Wolf?? When he first started doing sports for Steve Dahl I thought I heard him say he was a Sox fan.

vegyrex
06-29-2003, 02:23 PM
I just remebered Richard Roeper is Sox fan. :smile:

Konerkoholic
06-29-2003, 05:08 PM
I stand corrected on the McPherrin issue. He just looked like a Cub fan to me. It's also cool that Steve from the Springer show is a Sox fan.

Viva Magglio
06-29-2003, 05:14 PM
Warner Saunders and Ron Magers (cousin of Robin Ventura) are Sox fans as well.

SoxFan14
06-29-2003, 07:40 PM
Linda Yu is a Sox fan and her favorite player is Jose Valentin. On the news Friday, when they were talking about Jose's heroics, she let out a quiet, but emphatic "YES!".