PDA

View Full Version : One Awesome day of baseball...

voodoochile
06-28-2003, 09:46 PM
It was real fun at the park today. Got to meet IWC and Delben91. Where were you Cheeses? Had some friends cancel on me, so had three to sell. No worries, 3 attractive women needed tickets and they offered me $20 apiece for them. So I took it and went into the park. The game was self explanatory. down up down up down up up up... The women were nice and I ended up buying them all beers to redeem the profit I made on the tickets - after all they were wearing Sox hats and they were awfully cute. That happened right before Jose's game tying double in the first, so maybe it was lucky too boot. During the rain delay, I took off my hearing aids and watch, and promptly lost the watch while on a bathroom break/beer run. When I noticed it, I was really upset. It was a graduation present from my Mom. So, I went back to the beer stand and asked - yeah right - but it turns out I was lucky and they had it. Threw them a big tip for being honest. This was right before Rowand's HR. How lucky can one guy get? No, not that lucky. They all had boyfriends, but they were cool...

I'm a bit tipsy so this is kind of rambling, but in general, it was a really good day at the ballpark... Just wanted to share...

vegyrex
06-28-2003, 09:59 PM
Hehe, the force was with you, and the Sox today. :D:

sox_fan_forever
06-28-2003, 10:03 PM
Man, you are right. That was one awesome game. I am going tomorrow too and I will wear my same "lucky" hat that I wore yesterday and today. lol I have a good feeling....

voodoochile
06-28-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by sox_fan_forever
Man, you are right. That was one awesome game. I am going tomorrow too and I will wear my same "lucky" hat that I wore yesterday and today. lol I have a good feeling....

The WSI t-shirt is undefeated at the ballpark as is the brand new Frank Thomas jersey that has only gone to these past two games. Looking to make it 3 tomorrow and 4 and 5 on Monday and Tuesday. After all, half-price baseball, who can resist?

Procol Harum
06-28-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
During the rain delay, I took off my hearing aids and watch, and promptly lost the watch while on a bathroom break/beer run. When I noticed it, I was really upset. It was a graduation present from my Mom. So, I went back to the beer stand and asked - yeah right - but it turns out I was lucky and they had it. Threw them a big tip for being honest. This was right before Rowand's HR. ... Just wanted to share...

I'm legitimately pleased for ya, Voo. Ah, it was a great game--even from the comfort of Procol's recliner. Warm fuzzy feelings in White Sox Nation tonight--internet group hug!! :smile:

WhiteSox = Life
06-28-2003, 11:31 PM
Hey, VC. Did one of your lady friends, of whom happened to be wearing a black t-shirt, jump into the shower?

Those who were in chat will get this. Also, those not in chat, who saw it on TV, too.

:D:

1951Campbell
06-28-2003, 11:58 PM
:britney

"Thanks for the beers, voodoochile."

:gulp:

Iwritecode
06-29-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
It was real fun at the park today. Got to meet IWC and Delben91. Where were you Cheeses? Had some friends cancel on me, so had three to sell. No worries, 3 attractive women needed tickets and they offered me $20 apiece for them. So I took it and went into the park. The game was self explanatory. down up down up down up up up... The women were nice and I ended up buying them all beers to redeem the profit I made on the tickets - after all they were wearing Sox hats and they were awfully cute. That happened right before Jose's game tying double in the first, so maybe it was lucky too boot. During the rain delay, I took off my hearing aids and watch, and promptly lost the watch while on a bathroom break/beer run. When I noticed it, I was really upset. It was a graduation present from my Mom. So, I went back to the beer stand and asked - yeah right - but it turns out I was lucky and they had it. Threw them a big tip for being honest. This was right before Rowand's HR. How lucky can one guy get? No, not that lucky. They all had boyfriends, but they were cool...

I'm a bit tipsy so this is kind of rambling, but in general, it was a really good day at the ballpark... Just wanted to share...

Yea, where were you Cheeses? I was all set to get you that b-day drink too!

Anyway, I also had a great time at the game. It's always interesting to be able to put a couple of faces with their screen names. I didn't do anything lucky though so I guess Voodoo will have to take all the credit for that. It was fun when I stopped at Hooters after the game and informed the Cub fan that was complaining about my Sox gear that his team is currently in third place...

valposoxfan
06-29-2003, 03:43 AM
Whitesox=life, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.

(Sorry, premature with the submit button.)

(Voodoo edit: That's why God (AKA FWC) created an edit button :D: )

voodoochile
06-29-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Hey, VC. Did one of your lady friends, of whom happened to be wearing a black t-shirt, jump into the shower?

Those who were in chat will get this. Also, those not in chat, who saw it on TV, too.

No, we were in the UD and they didn't strike me as shower type personalities. One of them was wearing a black t-shirt, but it was a dress style t-shirt. She was the only one who wasn't drinking. I got the impression she was the designated driver. They also went up under the overhang during the rain, so they weren't exactly seeking water.

1951: One of them could have been a more conservative version of Brittney. Like I said, they were awfully cute. It was fun watching the drunken Cubs fans (one of whom was really obnoxious - BIG shock) try and hit on them. The ladies were polite, but didn't give them much play. They weren't really sports fans. They had bought Sox hats to keep the sun exposure down - which is why my initial impression was that they were Sox fans. Which, of course led to me feeling guilty about the $15 profit I made and me buying them a beer early to make up for it. I take full credit for getting them to root for the Sox and bringing our boys luck. BY the end of the game they were high-fiving with the best of 'em. Like I said, it was a fun game...

cheeses_h_rice
06-29-2003, 12:37 PM
VC and IWC, I just sent you an e-mail explaining what happened. I ended up missing the first inning and a half waiting outside for my dear old mother, who screwed up our appointed rendezvous point and didn't think to walk around a little to look for me. Urgh.

Anyway, I owe IWC a drink for losing my when-will-Shammy-sit-his-suspension bet, so feel free to remind me until this is settled up.

What a game, though. Man, what a bee-yootiful day.

:gulp: