PDA

View Full Version : Sox showing signs.....

Jurr
06-28-2003, 09:26 PM
Boy, what a difference a month makes! I'm writing this post after many celebratory Coronas so bear with me.
There are many signs that we're starting to turn into a better, and, dare I say, "Contending" team. Yes, we've got a way to go before printing playoff tickets, but those moons are aligning.
Pitching- Colon's arm needs some rest, but I'm not too worried about him. Loaiza is the best starter in the majors right now, Buehrle is shaping back into form, and the Garland/Wright monster is starting to look like major league pitching instead of unharnessed talent. Did the bullpen look good today, or what? And, they've been very clutch lately. Look how many jam situations the bullpen dealt with in the past two series, and we've been coming through for the most part. That's all you can ask for in the majors. No bullpen is going to shut down every team every time, or we'd have teams go 130-32. If the hitting catches up to the pitching (which may happen), we're going places. I like the idea of adding one bullpen booster, but we're still in good shape.
Hitting- Oh my God. For the first time this season, I sat and watched the game with the knowledge that this team wasn't going to go away quietly. That is a great feeling. Despite the fact that the Cubs threw some leather and potentially demoralized the Sox (which would have three weeks ago), the boys kept on fighting. Jose, Carlos, Maggs, Frank,and Daubach.....they're all starting to put it together. They can carry you themselves, and if we get some of the tablesetters going, we're going to be dangerous this summer.
Intangibles- The men were sitting on the dugout steps the entire game, laughing and enjoying baseball. They are fired up and are ready to win. Guys are hustling (see Magglio's tagging up tonight and Carlos going for two on that single), and mental gaffes are dwindling. The best thing, though, is that these guys are smiling and having fun. That's enormous. They're beginning to believe, and this Cubs stretch could be the turning point of this season. I'm excited to be a Sox fan.
Pretty good for a nice buzz.

valposoxfan
06-28-2003, 09:34 PM
Just don't be hopeful. It's worked for me so far. What a great last three weeks though. Good times.

Jurr
06-28-2003, 09:42 PM
Yeah...good point. Baseball Tonight just finished praising the exploits of Jerry Manuel. We need to get Satan some ice skates.

ATTENTION, PEOPLE. IN ONE DAY, RICK WHITE AND BILLY KOCH HAVE 1-2-3 INNINGS, AND JERRY MANUEL GETS MAJOR PROPS ON BASEBALL TONIGHT.

By the way....how do I get a damn custom Avatar?

voodoochile
06-28-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
Yeah...good point. Baseball Tonight just finished praising the exploits of Jerry Manuel. We need to get Satan some ice skates.

ATTENTION, PEOPLE. IN ONE DAY, RICK WHITE AND BILLY KOCH HAVE 1-2-3 INNINGS, AND JERRY MANUEL GETS MAJOR PROPS ON BASEBALL TONIGHT.

There are no custom avatars at WSI except for staff. You can get a WSI avatar by donating money to the upkeep of the site. Click the Online Shop link at the top of the page, or you can just click here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/Shop/index.htm).

Tragg
06-28-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Jurr

Well, today Manuel used his bench throughout the game and did some pinch hitting etc. That's rare for him but something we need to do.

soxwon
06-28-2003, 10:54 PM
sox take 4 ot of 5 from the cubs havent lost a series in 5 and were just SHOWING SIGNS of waking up! i Love it. WAIT till we really get hot.
Da reverand