PDA

View Full Version : Jimenez sits Sat.

gosox41
06-28-2003, 12:36 PM
Looks like JM finally decided to have consequences for bad fundamental play. Jimenez is not in the lineup today. Harris is starting at 2B.

Bob

OEO Magglio
06-28-2003, 01:07 PM
Good, I'm not sure but I'm assuming Rowand is starting in cf, he's been hitting much better, and this really helps the sox defense too, cause rowand is a better cf then willie, and willie is definetly a better 2b then jimenez.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-28-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Good, I'm not sure but I'm assuming Rowand is starting in cf, he's been hitting much better, and this really helps the sox defense too, cause rowand is a better cf then willie, and willie is definetly a better 2b then jimenez.

Rowand is terrible in center field. Running into walls, breaking the wrong way on pop flies, and letting baseballs get over his head late in the game are all symptomatic of a centerfielder who has NO CLUE what he is doing. Rowand is repeatedly guilty of all three.

The Sox' situation in center field is terrible, but I'll take Harris over Rowand out there any day of the week.

kevingrt
06-28-2003, 01:24 PM
Yeh, anyone have the starting line-ups?

Fridaythe13thJason
06-28-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Rowand is terrible in center field. Running into walls, breaking the wrong way on pop flies, and letting baseballs get over his head late in the game are all symptomatic of a centerfielder who has NO CLUE what he is doing. Rowand is repeatedly guilty of all three.

The Sox' situation in center field is terrible, but I'll take Harris over Rowand out there any day of the week.

I think people tend to confuse quality center field play with some exciting plays made by a reckless player.