PDA

View Full Version : Quote Of The Day 6/28

Lip Man 1
06-28-2003, 12:26 PM
"On the South Side, the fans are more into the game. They know what's going on. They know when you make a mistake. They know when you don't do the little things. On the other side, it's more like tradition. People just go there to have a great time and have a few beers and stuff like that." -Jose Valentin to the Chicago Daily Southtown.

Amen Jose'!

Lip

Thunderstruck30
06-28-2003, 12:58 PM
Jose isnt the best player, but all Sox fans must love him for stuff like that. He understands the most how much these games against the Cubs mean to us fans. I have to like him for that.

Maracucho
06-28-2003, 01:25 PM
Actually Alomar came up with a real funny one before the game:

Sandy Alomar Jr. makes the first cork-related joke of the afternoon, referring to Sosa's new earplugs.

"I wasn't sure if it was an earplug or cork coming out of his head," Alomar says with a laugh.

But way to go Jose, with the bat and the mike...

RKMeibalane
06-28-2003, 02:34 PM
I've been critical of Jose recently, but he has stepped it up for the games against the Cubs. He understands this rivalry, and its importance to Sox fans. He is one of the few people I've seen who has publicly stated that he doesn't buy the notion that Chicago "is a Cubs town." It would be nice if Reinsdorf said the same thing, but he has always displayed a defeatest attitude when talking about the Cubs.

Konerkoholic
06-28-2003, 07:35 PM
I love this guy. Stuff like this makes me not want to see Valentin in any other uniform than the Sox.

Lip Man 1
06-28-2003, 08:22 PM
That's because to take on the Cubs would cost money.

and we all know Uncle Jerry can't afford that!
Lip

SoxxoS
06-28-2003, 08:51 PM
Lip, not be be a stickler but teal not green for sarcastic comments.

sox_fan_forever
06-28-2003, 10:16 PM
I love Jose. :)

TornLabrum
06-28-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Lip, not be be a stickler but teal not green for sarcastic comments.

Actually with The Chairman, it's all about green.

SoxxoS
06-29-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Actually with The Chairman, it's all about green.

OHHH, my bad. Didn't know that. Lip usually writes about Uncle Jerry I should have put 2 and 2 together.

RedPinStripes
06-29-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Maracucho
Actually Alomar came up with a real funny one before the game:

Sandy Alomar Jr. makes the first cork-related joke of the afternoon, referring to Sosa's new earplugs.

"I wasn't sure if it was an earplug or cork coming out of his head," Alomar says with a laugh.

But way to go Jose, with the bat and the mike... *****!