PDA

View Full Version : D'ang...D'ang...D'ang

Viva Magglio
06-27-2003, 11:09 PM
Why can't the Sox just release this stiff outright? Didn't not one but TWO get rid of Jimenez becasue of his laziness and mental errors? In continuing to have him, KW must be like former Charleston Chiefs GM Joe McGrath. Former Chiefs head coach Reg Dunlop said of McGrath "Every piece of garbage that comes on the market you gotta buy it!"

doublem23
06-27-2003, 11:32 PM
No one ever seems to answer the important question of who plays second.

Viva Magglio
06-28-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
No one ever seems to answer the important question of who plays second.

Tony Graffanino, Roberto Alomar if we acquire him, Willie Harris, and so on.

guillen4life13
06-28-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Tony Graffanino, Roberto Alomar if we acquire him, Willie Harris, and so on.

All of whom will eventually piss us off until we come crying for their heads with scythes and sickles.

MHOUSE
06-28-2003, 10:30 AM
What about Aaron Miles?

oldcomiskey
06-28-2003, 10:34 AM
you want miles to be another borchard huh------what has LTP done while he was here---nothing-----he was too young just like miles is

MarkEdward
06-28-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
What about Aaron Miles?

He sucks.

kevingrt
06-28-2003, 12:01 PM
If any of you are listening to Carmen and Silvy on ESPN Radio 1000 today, they are talking a lot about getting Luis Castillo or Roberto Alomar. I would prefer Luis Castillo, but we would have to give up more for him.

Castillo fits well because he's got speed, a good glove, and hits very well for average. He would be more $$$ though, but Florida likes stealing prospects from other teams... Hopefully we wouldn't give up like a Neal Cotts and have him come out like Dontrelle Willis type and have a real good chance to win ROY next year.

Lip Man 1
06-28-2003, 12:22 PM
Folks:

Certainly I'm not defending Sox management but the bottom line is there is only so much you can do with a 53 million dollar payroll.

You can't get an All Star at every position when you are spending less then the Twins, Indians and Tigers.

The Sox cut corners because they have decided that they have to.

I think that's garbage but we're stuck with it under this ownership.

Lip

Spiff
06-28-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
you want miles to be another borchard huh------what has LTP done while he was here---nothing-----he was too young just like miles is

miles is 26.

Spiff
06-28-2003, 12:39 PM
looking back at the thread about acquiring jimenez, found an interesting quote i had posted at the time, from a padres fan.

"after watching him this year i became very disenchanted with his play. he has a lot of tools....but he has nothing upstairs. i didn't care so much about the fielding, the streaky hitting or even the baserunning errors. i mean...they all played into it....but the bigger issue is that alot of it stems from just being clueless. and it's too bad...."

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=111365#post111365

like i said, crap for crap.

lowesox
06-28-2003, 02:00 PM
The truth is, unless they make a trade, this team is much better off with Jimenez playing second. And as boneheaded as he can be he's really the least of the Sox concerns right now. I think bigger priorities are:

1) Closer
2) CF
3) Firstbase
4) Shortstop

If they can fix those 4 problems, I'll gladly keep Jimenez - who let's not forget was our best player for a good part of the beginning of the season.

Viva Magglio
06-28-2003, 07:42 PM
Gee, I guess it's a good thing KW didn't take my suggestion seriously today.