PDA

View Full Version : Postgame Exit Question

Viva Magglio
06-27-2003, 11:15 PM
For those who were at the game today and sitting in right field, why did security/guest service reps blockade the Gate 2 (right field corner) exit ramps from the main councourse? All that did is force a bottleneck of people to walk further down the concourse to the Gate 3 exit. Unless there is a good reason for this that I am not aware of, I thought it was stupid of them to close off the Gate 2 exit.

voodoochile
06-27-2003, 11:20 PM
That's close to the backside of the players parking lot. Maybe they were trying to prevent people from throwing stuff at cars.

Just a thought. I have no idea why they did that...

kevingrt
06-27-2003, 11:21 PM
Usually that's only one of a couple that stay open.

Viva Magglio
06-27-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
That's close to the backside of the players parking lot. Maybe they were trying to prevent people from throwing stuff at cars.

Just a thought. I have no idea why they did that...

I don't think that is the case because the players' lot is far enough away on the other side of the birm between the ballpark and the grade school.

Daver
06-27-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Yep,that is how I put a dent in Royce's Lexus,I brought my own chunk of lead.

Procol Harum
06-28-2003, 12:34 AM
Do they have a new "security' policy which funnels everybody out just a couple of gates now? Last week we were at one of the BoSox games in the left-center bleachers and the ushers and security people stopped everybody and made us head out at one of the gates on the 3rd base side base side of the field. So instead of walking into where we came in, close to our car, we had to walk all the way around the stinkin' park to get to our car. Me no likee. :angry:

T Dog
06-28-2003, 09:19 AM
During a night game earlier this year when I was sitting in right field, security had the concourse blocked off so that I couldn't get to Gate 5. I always come in though Gate 5. I had no idea where I was coming out, but I knew I would have to cross 35th Street to get to my car. Leaving early isn't an option for me. I resolved that the next time something like that was going on, I would walk though empty aisles and re-emerge on the concourse as close to Gate 5 as possible. But having posted my cunning plan on such a popular message board, I might find security measures in place to thwart me.