PDA

View Full Version : After the Game, On The Concourse

Brian26
06-27-2003, 08:55 PM
Not sure how many people were actually at the game today. After Jose's homer, on the upperdeck concourse, everyone basically stopped what they were doing to sing the "Jose Jose Jose Jose, Jose Jose" song. Unbelievable. It's kinda cool to see complete strangers bond like that. Felt like we just won the 7th game of the World Series. Best ending I've ever seen at a White Sox game. Unbelievable.

sox_fan_forever
06-27-2003, 09:02 PM
Yeah, that was a cool moment. I was there too. It was kind of like last year's game where Konerko hit two home runs and the Sox came back after being down 8-0. The whole way out to the parking lots people were chanting "Paulie, Paulie."

SoxxoS
06-27-2003, 09:48 PM
The best game I have ever been too. Bar none. I won't forget it.

sox_fan_forever
06-27-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
The best game I have ever been too. Bar none. I won't forget it.

It would probably be mine too if I hadn't been at the June 28, 2002 game.

soxrme
06-27-2003, 10:00 PM
Just watched the replay on Fox - WE WIN AGAIN!! :gulp:

kevingrt
06-27-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Not sure how many people were actually at the game today. After Jose's homer, on the upperdeck concourse, everyone basically stopped what they were doing to sing the "Jose Jose Jose Jose, Jose Jose" song. Unbelievable. It's kinda cool to see complete strangers bond like that. Felt like we just won the 7th game of the World Series. Best ending I've ever seen at a White Sox game. Unbelievable.

If only it was the 7th game of the WS, I WISH!

Viva Magglio
06-27-2003, 10:30 PM

With "Jose" chant, which is derived from the soccer anthem "Ale," this baseball crowd sounded like a soccer crowd.

koch44
06-27-2003, 10:36 PM
I remember walking down the ramps, and everyone was singing the Jose song, and this Flub fan started a Sox suck chant, and people started throwing peanuts at him. This was the most exciting game I've ever been to, and I'm glad I didn't have to see the doctor for a heart checkup after the game.

I was also interviewed before the game with a Fox news anchor for the news at noon!

Procol Harum
06-27-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
With "Jose" chant, which is derived from the soccer anthem "Ale," this baseball crowd sounded like a soccer crowd.

Yuck!!

What have Sox fans to do with the constant kicking of little white balls?? Wait--on second thought, given our defense, I'll withdraw the question. I wonder if whoever first picked that song played a little joke on us all as a backhanded jab at Jose's defense, with both the soccer jibe and what sounds like a bullfighting "ole" inference to our English-attuned ears... :o:

:hitless
"Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha, my little 'Jose' joke lives on after me..."

A.T. Money
06-27-2003, 11:47 PM

I was one of those dudes....LOL.

doublem23
06-28-2003, 12:01 AM
The best game I had ever been to was in 1999 (I think... I have the ticket stub around here). Anyways, it was at Comiskey and against the Cubs... It was the game where in the bottom of the 9th, Manny Alexander (I think) had a routine double play on Ray, but he barely missed the bag and Ray would come around to score...

Complete pandemonium in the upper deck, and I was all the way at the top and was high fiving everyone on the LONG walk down.

What a game.

Actually, it was 1999, because after the game, everyone was chanting, "SWEEP! SWEEP! SWEEP!" on the ramps on the way down to the parking lot.

Lovin' it.

Streets
06-28-2003, 12:08 AM
Yeah I'd have to say this was one of my best games attended. With getting Harold Baines' autograph and the exciting end with Jose's homer. High fiving complete strangers' while singing along is always fun. Make's a long walk out the gate more fun.

StillMissOzzie
06-29-2003, 11:21 PM
Getting back to the "Jose, Jose Jose Jose" chant, I think this was started by our own Nancy Faust, but not meant as a slam to his defense. I think it's just the rhyming & cadence of the soccer commercial's "Ole, Ole Ole Ole" that got Nancy started to playing that. Anybody think / know otherwise?

Yes, it was cool singing that on the ramps Friday! It drowned out the uncreative, unoriginal "Sox Suck" yelps from the Scrub fans.

:gulp: