PDA

View Full Version : HEY K. WILLIAMS....If you are reading this, we want Roberto Alomar!

Steve Bartman
06-27-2003, 05:55 PM
Jimenez is a flat out joke! :angry: After watching him play like absolute crap dropping, a fly ball in Oakland and dropping the double play ball today vs. the Flubs, I'm sick of him. Ship him out of town! His lacks fundamentals. A major leaguer should get bunts down and run well. He can't hit for average. As Bruce Levine reported and USA Today's Sports Weekly, Roberto Alomar could be wearing A WHITE SOX uniform. It all depends on the chairman though. He needs to give Kenny the go ahead for this move. A change of scenery and reuniting him with Colon and Sandy would help Alomar. Please bring us him. :D:

FarmerAndy
06-27-2003, 06:04 PM
I agree. I wouldn't mind having Alomar. But no, Kenny is not reading this.

hold2dibber
06-27-2003, 06:05 PM
I don't see Alomar as a huge upgrade; Luis Castillo on the other hand . . . (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/mlb_sortable_player_stats.jsp?section1=1&section2=1&section3=1&statSet1=null&statSet2=null&statSet3=null&statType=1&timeFrame=1&timeSubFrame=2003&baseballScope=mlb&prevPage1=1&readBoxes=true&sitSplit=&venueID=&subScope=pos&teamPosCode=4&box4=XXXX112116flo4&box8=XXXX150090cha4&box15=XXXX110183nyn4&compare.x=43&compare.y=7)

longshot7
06-27-2003, 06:15 PM
no thanks to Alomar - he's done. Castillo would be awesome, but I don't see that happening. Let's give DJ a chance!

Maracucho
06-27-2003, 06:46 PM
Actually Alomar would look pretty good with the Sox, he's making (not earning) $8 mill this year and he's a free agent next year. thus it would be a one ye<r rental for a player who probably would play better when he's reunited with Sandy and Colon. Besides, it wouldn't take much to get him

kevingrt
06-27-2003, 07:52 PM
Alomar would be a great pick up. He was my idol playing 2nd base in little league and still in highschool now. I love him, even though he has come under rough times in New York, but I think he can still do well with a new setting. He would also be able to play the Tribe again.

If they can't get Alomar because of $$$ issues they could move D'Angelo to SS, Willie to 2B, and Rowand to CF. It would be good, but with Valentin's HR today, not many people like the move at this moment.

doublem23
06-27-2003, 08:03 PM
Jimenez = not a shortstop...

Jose Valentin > Willie Harris

Aarown Rowand sucks.

rmusacch
06-27-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by longshot7
no thanks to Alomar - he's done. Castillo would be awesome, but I don't see that happening. Let's give DJ a chance!

I agree about Alomar being done. I don't want him.

rmusacch
06-27-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by longshot7

Is Castillo available?

MRKARNO
06-27-2003, 08:11 PM
Because all of our AAA people arent great prospects, why dont we ship'em off to miami, florida for castillo?

Viva Magglio
06-27-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
I agree about Alomar being done. I don't want him.

I don't think he is. I think Alomar is struggling because he's:

1) In New York
2) In the National League

He would be a definite upgrade over Jimenez, whom I think we should release outright.

MHOUSE
06-27-2003, 11:09 PM
Alomar is sucking with the NYM and he's old and he's making a lot of money. He wouldn't be a long-term solution, although Jimenez isn't either. What exactly would we have to give up? If it's next to nothing then I might go for it and give away Jimenez for whatever we can get. But if KW wants to ship of some good prospects to rent Alomar for a couple months and then let him walk and us look dumb then NO WAY.

voodoochile
06-27-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I don't think he is. I think Alomar is struggling because he's:

1) In New York
2) In the National League

He would be a definite upgrade over Jimenez, whom I think we should release outright.

Just a thought... Why release a guy who is probably worth something in trade? Not every team knows he has mental lapses like ShamME has K's. His stats alone make him tradeable. I still want to see him as the Sox 2B until they come up with a better option, but heck, the Mets would be looking for a 2B in return, right? A 26 YO kid who has solid range and a league+ OBP is worth SOMETHING in trade. I don't know, maybe everyone in the league knows this kid is brain dead, but maybe not.

You release him, I guarantee he doesn't make it through to FA status. Maybe the Sox should get him some ritalin and see if that helps his concentration. On the other hand maybe he has Caruso's disease ("Hey, man, pass that over here, don't be bogue"). I don't know what it is, but he isn't completely worthless and today's error was once again an aggressive error - never got the handle while getting ready to make a quick turn.

He seems to be learning (held up on the "winning hit" on Wednesday rather than risk getting doubled off of second for the second straight day). The question is will he ever put it all together? I don't know the answer to that, but I doubt Aaron Miles is the answer and I like Graffanino as the utility guy. So what do the Sox do?

Releasing him should NOT be on the list of options though...

kermittheefrog
06-28-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Because all of our AAA people arent great prospects, why dont we ship'em off to miami, florida for castillo?

Because other teams aren't stupid and tend to want great prospects in trades.

SoxxoS
06-28-2003, 08:21 PM
Robby Alomar has to much talent to struggle that much. Get him a change of scenery, and in a pennant race, he will be the Robby of old.

A.T. Money
06-29-2003, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Robby Alomar has to much talent to struggle that much. Get him a change of scenery, and in a pennant race, he will be the Robby of old.

I agree. His team sucks now. Put him on a team that cares, and he'll be right back to the pain in the @ss that he once was, except this time on our team!

Tragg
06-29-2003, 11:05 AM
Kenny Williams we DO NOT want Roberto Alomar. Please do not waste any time, money or players on veterans with no game (and, in the case of Alomar, a$$holes to boot).
Please look for either a)Permanent Solutions; b)young promising players/prospects c)Stopgaps ONLY if they come for virtually nothing and these stopgaps can play.
If you had listened to half of these people, Kenny Rogers would be on the Sox.

lowesox
06-29-2003, 11:46 AM
Alomar would have to be a bargain. It would have to come after the date where the new team assumes less of the contract. And it would have to come in exchange for little in terms of prospects.
Maybe NY might consider Jimenez and a medium prospect. After all, Alomar is less than tearing it up and he's gonig to be a FA.

B. Diddy
06-29-2003, 12:15 PM
I'd like to see the Mets eat half of his remaining salary. Right now, he's not worth half of what he's making and I'm not sure how much of an upgrade at the plate he would be.