PDA

View Full Version : Typical Scammin'

ilsox7
06-27-2003, 01:45 PM
So Scammin is wearing ear plugs today so he cannot hear heckling. Um, what about when he has to hear Patterson or someone else call him off of a flyball? Isn't the game more important than heckling? Oh wait...not for Scammin.

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-27-2003, 01:48 PM
maybe he wont hear the 95mph danny wright fastball headed at his head...

wait im just wishful thinking again

Boozer
06-27-2003, 01:52 PM
Or what about the "fans" that actually are cheering him on? Isn't that what thrives Sosa? What a puss...

THE_HOOTER
06-27-2003, 02:11 PM
He isn't wearing ear plugs. That was either a joke, or sarcasm.

He wouldnt be able to communicate with anyone.

jortafan
06-27-2003, 03:23 PM
On a slightly different topic, does anyone know if there's any truth to what I hear that Sammy gave the finger (you know which one) to a group of fans that was heckling him as he entered Cellular Field prior to Friday's game?

It sounds too good to be true. Did anything happen?

hose
06-28-2003, 07:41 AM
BOO

"Scammy, can you hear me now?"

BOO

BOO

T Dog
06-28-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by jortafan
On a slightly different topic, does anyone know if there's any truth to what I hear that Sammy gave the finger (you know which one) to a group of fans that was heckling him as he entered Cellular Field prior to Friday's game?

It sounds too good to be true. Did anything happen?

If it did, that should loom large in his legend. When I think of Albert Belle, I don't think of him as the holder of the Sox single-season home run record. I remember the night in the leftfield seats in Anaheim when he gave my section the finger.

Viva Magglio
06-28-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by T Dog
If it did, that should loom large in his legend. When I think of Albert Belle, I don't think of him as the holder of the Sox single-season home run record. I remember the night in the leftfield seats in Anaheim when he gave my section the finger.

Wasn't that in Cleveland? It was Belle's first game there since leaving the Indians which turned out to be a White Sox winner, and I thought the Surly One flipped off the LF fans at the Jake while giving them the "Italian salute."

T Dog
06-28-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Wasn't that in Cleveland? It was Belle's first game there since leaving the Indians which turned out to be a White Sox winner, and I thought the Surly One flipped off the LF fans at the Jake while giving them the "Italian salute."

Viva, you're right. That did happen in Cleveland. It probably happened in a bunch of other places as well. In my case, it was 1997, a few days after the Sox traded Hernandez, Alvarez and Darwin. I took my girlfriend to the Saturday night game in Anaheim with Chris Clemons starting for the Sox. Many of the fans in the leftfield corner were riding Belle all night. A couple of times, he held up his glove for us with his middle finger displayed inside. That didn't stop the heckling.