PDA

View Full Version : It's time to bring up Aaron Miles

Steve Bartman
06-27-2003, 12:17 PM
Does KW remember this guy in spring training??? He was tearing the cover off the ball and playing solid baseball. He is certainly an upgrade over Jimenez. Right? I don't think Miles makes as many bone-headed plays. But idealy, as mentioned in a previous post, wouldn't it be nice to see Luis Castillo playing at second? :o: :o: :o:

Randar68
06-27-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Cubsloseagain911
Does KW remember this guy in spring training??? He was tearing the cover off the ball and playing solid baseball. He is certainly an upgrade over Jimenez. Right? I don't think Miles makes as many bone-headed plays. But idealy, as mentioned in a previous post, wouldn't it be nice to see Luis Castillo playing at second? :o: :o: :o:

Miles takes almost no walks.

Jimenez is a better hitter on the major league level.

xil357
06-27-2003, 12:28 PM
If Jiminez's average continues to plummet and his defense and baserunning doesn't improve, he becomes a liability. Miles may not be the ideal answer, but he may not be a liability, either.

FarmerAndy
06-27-2003, 12:30 PM
I'm dissapointed with Jimenez too, but Miles isn't the answer. It's just not Aaron's time yet.

Daver
06-27-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
It's just not Aaron's time yet.

He's 26 years old,I don't know that it will ever be his time.

Steve Bartman
06-27-2003, 05:48 PM
You might be right about Miles. Maybe Miles will never be on our major league roster. But I keep hearing some rumors that I like that could land Roberto Alomar or Luis Castillo if the chairman gives Kenny the go ahead. Now that would be great!

FarmerAndy
06-27-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by daver
He's 26 years old,I don't know that it will ever be his time.

Whoa! I didn't know he was that old already. That's not good for him.

kevingrt
06-27-2003, 07:57 PM
Aaron should get a chance. It's not like he has many years left in AAA ball, and D'Angelo is scuffling... TRY HIM KW

doublem23
06-27-2003, 07:59 PM
God dammit, what do people see in a 7-year minor league veteran who still can't take a walk with poor defensive skills?

:chunks

Daver
06-27-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Aaron should get a chance. It's not like he has many years left in AAA ball, and D'Angelo is scuffling... TRY HIM KW

This is Aaron's first year in AAA,it took him six years to get there,he has had exactly ONE year of hitting for a decent average,he has all the qualifications of a career minor leaguer.

duke of dorwood
06-27-2003, 08:42 PM
I dont know why Harris has seen no time at all at second. What ever became of Tim Hummel ?

Daver
06-27-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I dont know why Harris has seen no time at all at second. What ever became of Tim Hummel ?

Tim has suffered from locationitis,he is now being used as a third baseman in Charlotte because the Sox have no one in the system that plays the position that can be called up to Charlotte.

duke of dorwood
06-27-2003, 09:29 PM
That seems to be a system-wide affliction.

Daver
06-27-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
That seems to be a system-wide affliction.

Not really,it is not a problem in the lower levels,the higher levels of the system are suffering from the Ron Schueler regime.To bad Ron's daughter can't play third base.

:)

MarkEdward
06-27-2003, 09:42 PM
Read my sig...

I can explain it again if need be.

MikeKreevich
06-28-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Read my sig...

I can explain it again if need be.
Explain it again for me.
He is leading his team in hits and he is a smart hardnosed player. Jimenez efs up every other day.

CHISOXFAN13
06-28-2003, 12:14 PM
Clever signature. What you fail to realize is that most Sox fans are fed up with Jimenez. It doesn't matter at this point who replaces him (Miles, Graffanino, Harris), but his lack of fundamentals and inability to keep his head in the game is driving me nuts.

I don't care who it is. Just give me someone who plays the position well and can run the bases.

You talk about how much Miles sucks. That's great. Fact of the matter is, players and management from two organizations have claimed that Jimenez is the laziest player in the game. I haven't seen anything to prove that statement to be false.

MarkEdward
06-28-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat

Explain it again for me.
He is leading his team in hits and he is a smart hardnosed player.

I'll sum it up quickly:
1. Bad defender.
2. Bad base runner.
3. 26 years old, going on 27.
4. Can't draw a walk.
5. Can't hit for power.

Need anything else? :smile:

Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Clever signature. What you fail to realize is that most Sox fans are fed up with Jimenez. It doesn't matter at this point who replaces him (Miles, Graffanino, Harris), but his lack of fundamentals and inability to keep his head in the game is driving me nuts.

Fine, then let Graffanino have a few starts. Just don't do anything ridiculous like calling Miles up.

I don't care who it is. Just give me someone who plays the position well and can run the bases.

Um, Aaron Miles doesn't run the bases well either. His 62% minor league stolen base percentage proves this fact.

Fact of the matter is, players and management from two organizations have claimed that Jimenez is the laziest player in the game.

Yeah, the 26-55 San Diego Padres are great judges of talent.

MikeKreevich
06-28-2003, 11:00 PM
I'll take him over D.J., the human brain cramp.

MarkEdward
06-29-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat
I'll take him over D.J., the human brain cramp.

Do you enjoy watching bad baseball players?