PDA

View Full Version : Greg Couch= WSI enthusiast?

34rancher
06-27-2003, 08:03 AM
Did anyone see this (http://www.suntimes.com/output/couch/cst-spt-greg27.html) . More free press from the media for WSI. The media really is getting into this site. We have had a lot of people post here. I wonder if there is any way to get a round table discussion someday.

He forgot Rum and Cork though.

GO SOX!!!

voodoochile
06-27-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by 34rancher
Did anyone see this (http://www.suntimes.com/output/couch/cst-spt-greg27.html) . More free press from the media for WSI. The media really is getting into this site. We have had a lot of people post here. I wonder if there is any way to get a round table discussion someday.

He forgot Rum and Cork though.

GO SOX!!!

That Jim Laffer guy. He really knows what he is talking about...

:D:

Iwritecode
06-27-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by 34rancher
The media really is getting into this site. We have had a lot of people post here.

I just saw a post by Joe Cowley yesterday in the PL...

alohafri
06-27-2003, 10:00 AM
:)

My sign made the paper!

Look for my sign on Sunday...

(Cork Used By Sosa)

--Mrs. Aloha

Lip Man 1
06-27-2003, 10:08 AM
Congratulations once again to everyone at WSI!

Just wondering....

With all the press over the past year and a half about the site, you have to believe that the Sox know about it. I wonder what buffoons like Rob Gallas, Kenny Williams etc REALLY think about us and if this site every comes up for discussion in their meetings.

Frankly I'm amazed they haven't tried to shut us down. Maybe in their arrogance they think that no one is reading it.

Lip

gosox41
06-27-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Just wondering....

With all the press over the past year and a half about the site, you have to believe that the Sox know about it. I wonder what buffoons like Rob Gallas, Kenny Williams etc REALLY think about us and if this site every comes up for discussion in their meetings.

Frankly I'm amazed they haven't tried to shut us down. Maybe in their arrogance they think that no one is reading it.

Lip

Do they have a legal case to try to shut this down?

voodoochile
06-27-2003, 10:16 AM

Just wondering....

Lip

Maybe they just know the publicity would do us a world of good and only continue to hurt their image. You really think they want the media covering what WSI members think of all of them?

Right now in terms of coverage, we are very small (compared to newspapers and the like), but if they tried to shut WSI down and it made the Tribune and the Suntimes - Evil Empire goes after fan site - it could be another huge PR disaster...

voodoochile
06-27-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
Do they have a legal case to try to shut this down?

Daver says we are covered...

Iwritecode
06-27-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Daver says we are covered...

I'll believe whatever the redneck holding the bow and arrow tells me...

moochpuppy
06-27-2003, 12:16 PM
We are the William Wallace to their England.

voodoochile
06-27-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I'll believe whatever the redneck holding the bow and arrow tells me...

Even more so since it is more likely to be a Desert Eagle 0.50 caliber handgun these days...

Daver
06-27-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Even more so since it is more likely to be a Desert Eagle 0.50 caliber handgun these days...

I have a new toy I picked up a couple weeks ago.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-27-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by daver
I have a new toy I picked up a couple weeks ago.

That ought to come in real handy dealing with the Flubbie trolls this weekend.

:gulp:

Dan H
06-27-2003, 07:15 PM

Just wondering....

Lip

Of course they know about the site. They won't acknowledge it, but they know about it. They should be happy it is here no matter how we criticize them.

If they were smart, they would hold their nose and embrace us. No matter what we say, we're the ones who are interested and go out to the ballpark. In fact, they should love us. If they were really smart, they would have a WSI night at the park. It would be much more positive than a hearing before a judge.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-27-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Dan H
In fact, they (the Sox) should love us. If they were really smart, they would have a WSI night at the park.

I can see it now...

:gallas
"It's 'Flying Elvis Bring Your Dog and Your Significant Other for Sleepover and Make Love in the Outfield After The Game Ends Half-Price Tickets with the wrapper from El Pruducto Cigars Night.' Good seats still available!

"Oh yeah, and it's WSI Night, too."

Foulke You
06-30-2003, 05:27 PM
I saw that Couch article too. My Frank Thomas 392 Cork Free Home Runs sign made the article! :D: I tend to think lots of media have to be taking a look at this site. It seems the Sun-Times knows that this is where to go to get the finger on the pulse of what die hard White Sox fans are thinking.

1951Campbell
06-30-2003, 09:50 PM
Props to Greg Couch, even though he didn't mention my sign suggestion:

"Annoy the media--root for the Sox."

Daver
06-30-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by 1951Campbell

You'll be able to ask him about it soon.

Hangar18
07-01-2003, 07:28 AM
What I hope DOESNT HAPPEN, but can see it happening, is
some jealous cub fan sees how cool this site is run, and goes
off and Creates an exact duplicate of it. Then the MEDIA
flocks there and gives them "Credit" for being such hardcore
die-hard fans etc etc etc

TornLabrum
07-01-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18

I don't think there are any Cubs fans who would have the attention span to maintain a site like this.

Hangar18
07-01-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by 1951Campbell

Hey 1951, I made this sign and took it to the Friday Game.
It looks good. Im bringing it again to Tonites (tues) game
against the Twinks. Great Idea. gave you props for it....

1951Campbell
07-01-2003, 09:15 AM
Hey 1951, I made this sign and took it to the Friday Game. It looks good. Im bringing it again to Tonites (tues) game
against the Twinks. Great Idea. gave you props for it. ...

Alright! Hey, that makes my day. Sign suggestions are the just about all I can do from out here in Central PA! This calls for the banana...:bandance:

Hangar18
07-01-2003, 09:22 AM
We had some Great Suggestions, but we Need to MAKE THE SIGNS AND DISPLAY THEM TOO. I went to the fan perch, and
hi-fived the guys who made the CREDES CREW banner, was
pretty big, you could see it from Home Plate. nice job. Think of it like this. Make it Simple, Catchy, and EASY TO READ. Its a
great way to get your point across to the Whole Park. im taking the Loiza 7:15 and Annoy the Media Sign with me.
By the way, my company is having a party for us at Club Wrigley
on one of the Rooftops. I wasnt really excited to go, but I will
now, and will take the STEROIDS + Cork = SOSA sign with me.
they cant make me take it down, i'll be Across the Street
Heh Heh the game is in July

mandmandm
07-01-2003, 09:44 AM
Hanger:

where you on the left field side of the deck on Sunday? I saw your Loiza 7:15 sign.

Hangar18
07-01-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by mandmandm
Hanger:

where you on the left field side of the deck on Sunday? I saw your Loiza 7:15 sign.

YUP, that was me. You shouldve come up and said Hello.
were going to be make some waves with making these signs.
XIL, I like the distinctions between the Sox Army (all of us) and
the Deltas (us making the signs/confronting Mgmt-Advertisers)

alohafri
07-01-2003, 02:08 PM
I noticed at Sunday's game, someone had made a HUGE sign that I had suggested--the Cork Used By Sosa sign--they were back behind the BP bar--also, Hangar18 made the same sign for me, too, but I was way up in the nosebleed section past 3rd base, so I'm not sure if scamME could see it (even so, can he read English??)

So a big THANK YOU to everyone for ALL of the great signs!!

1951Campbell
07-01-2003, 08:48 PM
R&F just mentioned that Crede's Crew is in the house again tonight. Good job!

moochpuppy
07-02-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

Hmmm......has anyone seen Vic around lately????? :o: