PDA

View Full Version : Roberto Alomar in Sox Pinstripes?

White Stocking
06-26-2003, 06:22 PM
I have no idea how valid this is, but I heard Bruce Levine talking about how Roberto Alomar could be landed by the White Sox if they can pull into serious contention. I don't know how much gas he has left in the tank, but he is a major upgrade from Jiminez. If the price was right - I say do it.

fquaye149
06-26-2003, 06:28 PM
it woudl be nice...and robbie has said his problem was nl pitchign...although that might be making excuses...he's played in this division for a long while and is a great fielder...

it doesn't really help us at short though...which is our major problem..and is a lot to spend to fix the lesser of the 2 defensive evils..you think?

Foulke You
06-26-2003, 07:42 PM
Roberto Alomar in a Sox jersey? Be still my heart. A heads up baserunner? A guy who is a vacuum cleaner on the second base side. One of the best at turning DPs? A thorn in the Sox side for years in the AL Central coming to the South Side to play alongside former mate Bartolo Colon and brother Sandy Alomar and lead us to the promise land? Could the Sox actually be addressing a glaring need and replacing D'(ummy)Angelo Jimenez with an all star? Perhaps this whole post should have been in deep pink. I'll believe this when he is standing there in a White Sox uniform. Not a moment sooner.

SoxxoS
06-26-2003, 07:48 PM
Pipe dreams in deeppink please.

Foulke You
06-26-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Perhaps this whole post should have been in deep pink. I'll believe this when he is standing there in a White Sox uniform. Not a moment sooner.

Allow me to quote myself.