PDA

View Full Version : I'm convinced - Konerko needs to go to Charlotte...

Tragg
06-26-2003, 04:04 PM
to work things out.
I was glad to see him start today; I didn't see the game today but I note an 0-4. IN addition, in the 8th he was up with a runner on 3rd, less than 2 out, and grounded out to the pitcher. Maybe he really hit into some bad-luck outs.

But we're going to need his bat before this is over.

we can't afford to play him now. He needs to go down there and fix his problems, which probably require a lot of ABs and work.

NC_sox_fan
06-26-2003, 04:08 PM
Wow, we would be delighted for Pauly to come on down!!!

hose
06-26-2003, 04:09 PM
Does Manpower have a branch in Charlotte?

Steve Bartman
06-27-2003, 12:11 PM
Send him or Jimenez down and bring up Miles

FarmerAndy
06-27-2003, 12:27 PM
Bersie just made a great point on the Score.

Konerko really should consider a stint in AAA to work things out. However, if Paulie deserves credit for one thing, it's the fact that he hasn't complained at all about being benched.

I've jeered Konerko all year, but as a fan I really do appreciate that he hasn't had a bad attitude, hasn't whined about playing time, and hasn't played the blame game. We have no-name guys like Armando Rios complain about playing time, which is ridiculous. Paulie was an All-Star last year, yet he knows that he hasn't performed this year, and that this team has to do what it takes to win.

As it stands right now, I don't want to see Konerko in the lineup. But I have to give him props for being a class act throughout his whole situation. I wish him the best.