PDA

View Full Version : Flubs-Brewers

bobj4400
06-26-2003, 04:12 PM
I just saw that Scam-Me* is padding his stats against minor league competition again.

Is it me, or have half of his home runs over the last five years come against Selig's pathetic excuse for a baseball team?

bobj4400
06-26-2003, 04:50 PM
Jenkins 3 run dong!!!!! Cubs down 5-3 in the 9th!!!!

Hangar18
06-26-2003, 04:50 PM
Of Course, thats the way old Marble Mouthed Santo
would like it. If you listen to him, he'd make you think
that the Brewers were the Cubs Arch-nemesis for years
and years and years.....
OH, and HOW BouT that Brew Crew ???

Tragg
06-26-2003, 04:53 PM
I'm still laughing.

Now chippy and stone are on a 5 minute polemic defending st. paul baker (and they're probably right) but they're going a bit overboard.

Did the cubs purposely arrange their pitching so that jesus missed us both sets, or was he hurt?

bobj4400
06-26-2003, 04:55 PM
I think it was just luck of the draw that we missed the Golden Child both times.

I am not complaining though.

Hangar18
06-26-2003, 04:56 PM
Just thought of a sign for Tomorrow:
WHERES YOUR MESSIAH NOW?

Probably smart to take him out, dang, the guys thrown
126 pitches? I personally wouldve kept him in there
the whole time, so that he would have a Chance to hurt himself
(im just joking)

bobj4400
06-26-2003, 04:56 PM
If you have access to the radio right now, turn on wgn. Santo is moaning like never before about this.

Tragg
06-26-2003, 04:58 PM
Finally a little spunk from Cub fans - the boo birds came out after 3 weak infield groundouts, 2 to the pitcher.

cheeses_h_rice
06-26-2003, 05:00 PM
MILWAUKEE 9TH
-J Borowski relieved M Prior.
-Top of the 9th inning
-S Podsednik singled to center.
-S Podsednik stole second.
-K Ginter walked.
-G Jenkins homered to right, S Podsednik and K Ginter scored.
-R Sexson grounded out to shortstop.
-J Vander Wal struck out swinging.
-W Helms flied out to right.

Pure poetry. Gotta love it.

hose
06-26-2003, 05:02 PM
I've been a Brewer fan for this week and for the up coming weekend :)

Hangar18
06-26-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
Finally a little spunk from Cub fans - the boo birds came out after 3 weak infield groundouts, 2 to the pitcher.

Those people have Absolutely No Right to Boo. Team
plays above .500 for the first time since 1999, and these
people Boo them? some nerve..... Has anyone mentioned
to these dolts that there barely 100 years into The Goats Curse?

mandmandm
06-26-2003, 05:08 PM
I thought it was all about the great history and memories at Wrigley that made the experience so wonderful.

T Dog
06-26-2003, 06:56 PM
Prior was working on six-days rest. I don't know why. I don't know if, for example, he threw more than 120 pitches in his last start and needed the extra day. I heard someone say that Estes would miss a turn so that the Sox would have to face Prior and Wood. Instead, the Cubs made sure that they used both Prior and Wood while losing two out of three -- for the second time this year -- to the Brewers at home. Ron Santo said the games against the Brewers were more important than the games against the Sox, so I should be surprised that the Cubs aren't holding back Wood for the road series in Milwaukee. I missed Santo's take on whether losing four of six on the homestand against sub-.500 teams isn't all that important or whether the upcoming road trip isn't that important.

But today, at least, and yesterday too, it was sweet to see the Brewers beat the Cubs. I hope the weekend is even sweeter.

Foulke You
06-26-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by T Dog
But today, at least, and yesterday too, it was sweet to see the Brewers beat the Cubs. I hope the weekend is even sweeter.

We're hot, they're not. Stomp 'em while they're down, I say! Cubs = 3rd place by Monday. :gulp:

brewcrew/chisox
06-26-2003, 08:14 PM
I had to work today so i just now saw the two run blast hit by Jenkins....

beautiful.

Sox win

Brewcrew win

Mind you, the true blue also beat up the twinkies last weekend....things are right for once in this world

Wonderful day

:)

Bring on the Cubs

SouthSideHitman
06-26-2003, 08:48 PM
I tuned in briefly after the Sox game. When I swichted channels there were two on, two out, tie game and a full count with corky at the dish. I bet my dad that he'd strike out on the next pitch. Easiest twenty bucks I ever made. :D:

Not to jinx it, but with the way the teams have played this week, the Sox may very well have both turned themselves and the cubs around with that series. Now we gotta finish the job.