PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Ebay

Fisk72
06-26-2003, 02:54 PM
Here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2738021857&category=25131)

Evidence that there are stupid people in the world. Read the item description. 'Nuff said.

Foulke You
06-26-2003, 03:01 PM
The seller is from Toronto, Ontario which explains a lot. If it isn't the NHL or the olympic sport of Curling, they don't show much interest.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-26-2003, 03:04 PM
Wow! First off, the person who is selling this is from Toronto, so I am willing to forgive this poor canuck for his/her mistake.

Secondly, someone actually bid on this. I can just see that ignorant Cub fan opening the mail once their item arrives in the mail.

:woo-woo
"They forgot to ship the ivy!"

cheeses_h_rice
06-26-2003, 03:05 PM
You should write the guy, "Ah hey dere, aboot dat dere auction..."

T Dog
06-26-2003, 03:20 PM
If this were the home of the Cubs, more people would admit that it is the best place in Chicago to watch a baseball game.

white sox bill
06-26-2003, 03:36 PM
I'm a Canadian, and I'M embarrased! True, we love our hockey players. Funny thing,. how Shop Coi can get a concussion and be out for 15 days, and A ROD gets a ball in the face last week and has to leave the game. Now, if either one of those were hockey players, grab the smelling salts and stich 'em up and 10 minutes later they both be back in the game.

I guess that baseball is a "gentelmans" sport.

Nellie_Fox
06-26-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by white sox bill
I'm a Canadian, and I'M embarrased! True, we love our hockey players. Funny thing,. how Shop Coi can get a concussion and be out for 25 days, and A ROD gets a ball in the face last week and has to leave the game. Now, if either one of those were hockey players, grab the smelling salts and stich 'em up and 10 minutes later they both be back in the game.

I guess that baseball is a "gentelmans" sport. Kariya got knocked twitching by Stevens, and he missed, what, one shift? Then he scored a goal on his second shift.

In fairness, though, a hockey player can go to the locker room and get stitched up and come back because of unlimited substitution. In baseball, once you go out you can't come back in.

white sox bill
06-26-2003, 04:14 PM
That shows Kariya is one tough SOB, dispelling the myth that he was a wuss. Stevens is even tougher....

voodoochile
06-26-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Kariya got knocked twitching by Stevens, and he missed, what, one shift? Then he scored a goal on his second shift.

In fairness, though, a hockey player can go to the locker room and get stitched up and come back because of unlimited substitution. In baseball, once you go out you can't come back in.

I saw that play with Choi. He was motionless on the ground for about 15 minutes. That was NOT your typical concussion.

Hockey players are a different breed of crazy though...

LuvSox
06-26-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by white sox bill
I'm a Canadian, and I'M embarrased! True, we love our hockey players. Funny thing,. how Shop Coi can get a concussion and be out for 15 days, and A ROD gets a ball in the face last week and has to leave the game. Now, if either one of those were hockey players, grab the smelling salts and stich 'em up and 10 minutes later they both be back in the game.

I guess that baseball is a "gentelmans" sport.

How about Jeter? He dislocates his shoulder and has to be taken from the field on a stretcher. Why couldn't he walk?

Paulwny
06-26-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
Wow! First off, the person who is selling this is from Toronto, so I am willing to forgive this poor canuck for his/her mistake.

It's actually a business, in the ad, " Bid with confidence, we're a reputable sports collecting business with more then 10 years experience."

Fisk72
06-26-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
" Bid with confidence, we're a reputable sports collecting business with more then 10 years experience."

Well, we're beginning to see what type of reputation! LOL

Thunderstruck30
06-27-2003, 01:41 AM
That doesnt even look like Comiskey. What a horrible replica!!

VeeckAsInWreck
06-27-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny
It's actually a business, in the ad, " Bid with confidence, we're a reputable sports collecting business with more then 10 years experience."

So you're saying I shouldn't bid on the autographed Babe Ruth Cell Phone??? :?:

P.S. I agree with T-Struck 30, that replica is horrible, but it would definitely make a lovely ash tray.