PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Kitty

T Dog
06-26-2003, 12:29 PM
Ron Kittle, a great guy who holds a special place in White Sox history, will have his jersey retired by the Edmonton Trappers this week. Kitty had a special 1982 season in Edmonton, hitting 50 home runs in the short PCL season before becoming a big part of the 1983 Sox.

Of course, the Sox already have retired Ron's number, but not in his name. That's something Kitty has in common with Walt "No-Neck" Williams and Lee "Bee Bee" Richard, who never hit home runs over the old Comiskey roof.

Fisk72
06-26-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by T Dog
Ron Kittle, a great guy who holds a special place in White Sox history, will have his jersey retired by the Edmonton Trappers this week. Kitty had a special 1982 season in Edmonton, hitting 50 home runs in the short PCL season before becoming a big part of the 1983 Sox.

Of course, the Sox already have retired Ron's number, but not in his name. That's something Kitty has in common with Walt "No-Neck" Williams and Lee "Bee Bee" Richard, who never hit home runs over the old Comiskey roof.

What was his number and who is it retired under? I was a bit too young to really remember Kittle's number and I can't find it on baseball-reference.com. Let me know...

Nellie_Fox
06-26-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Fisk72
What was his number and who is it retired under? I was a bit too young to really remember Kittle's number and I can't find it on baseball-reference.com. Let me know... 42 is retired on all MLB teams in honor of Jackie Robinson.