PDA

View Full Version : Klesko and the Padres are LAUGHING hard!

ssang
06-26-2003, 08:06 AM
I guess we know that Klesko and his teammates in San Diego weren't lying when they screamed how much they HATED D'angelo Jimenez. It took a few months for Sox fans to realize how lazy and stupid he is, but we now have found out. Is it just me or is it unbelievable that a guy who is a highly paid professional can be this clueless at his job!?!?!

hold2dibber
06-26-2003, 08:41 AM
I have no idea if Jimenez is lazy like Klesko said; he may be the first one to the park and last one to leave each day, he may devote untold hours pouring over video of every pitcher he's going to face, he may take grounders until his fingers bleed - I just don't know.

But I do know that he annoys the crap out of me because he frequently displays what I believe to be an alarming lack of focus/concentration. He seems to screw up at particularly inopportune times. And he certainly doesn't give any appearance of playing the game with any passion or fire.

With all that said, if he had a .375 OBP (and he still might), all (well, at least much) would be forgiven.

By the way -- did he do something in particular in last night's game that pissed you off? I only got to listen through Valentin's HR -- I missed all the "fun" after that and the paper didn't say anything about Jimenez this morning.

ssang
06-26-2003, 08:50 AM
In the 9th inning he was on 2nd base, Thomas was on 1st and there was 1 out. Maggs hit a soft single to right field and Jimenez just jogged it in to 3rd base. He should've been flying home with the tie-breaking run cuase that ball wasn't hit anywhere near any fielder. Of course the Sox failed to score witht he bases loaded and 1 out but that's a whol other venting session. One at a time here.

moochpuppy
06-26-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by ssang
In the 9th inning he was on 2nd base, Thomas was on 1st and there was 1 out. Maggs hit a soft single to right field and Jimenez just jogged it in to 3rd base. He should've been flying home with the tie-breaking run cuase that ball wasn't hit anywhere near any fielder. Of course the Sox failed to score witht he bases loaded and 1 out but that's a whol other venting session. One at a time here.

I disagree. That ball was very shallow in right field and IMO he would've been taged out easily at home.

hold2dibber
06-26-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
I disagree. That ball was very shallow in right field and IMO he would've been taged out easily at home.

I didn't see the play, so of course I can't opine on whether he could have scored. Maybe Kim was giving him the "hold up" signal early on. Nonetheless, one of the things I dislike about Jimenez is he just doesn't play with any passion. In that situation, even if he can't score on the hit, he should be digging hard for third -- what if the RF fumbles the ball? What if he overthrows the relay man and the ball is bouncing around in the infield? Is it that friggin' hard to hustle on every play - especially to hustle in a tie game against the team you're chasing in the standings? Very annoying.