PDA

View Full Version : Konerko!

MRKARNO
06-25-2003, 10:54 PM
He's starting at first tomorrow instead of Thomas and Thomas is sitting because of Thomas's numbers against Radke.

Also, Wills doesnt expect D'Angelo to start tomorrow

Tragg
06-25-2003, 10:56 PM
Glad Konerko's playing, but I can't see us sitting our best offensive player, which Frank is, in such a critical game. I know this team is in a mental warp tonight but they really need to get their head back straight and come out and win tomorrow.

FJA
06-25-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
He's starting at first tomorrow instead of Thomas and Thomas is sitting because of Thomas's numbers against Radke.

If DJ plays tomorrow, I am starting a letter writing campaign to Manuel.

MHOUSE
06-25-2003, 10:58 PM
DJ needs to have a seat on the trading block or ultimately the waiver wire. I gave him a chance to change his ways and he hasn't. He's the laziest player in baseball and he's not hitting anymore. Take a hike. I'll give Miles a chance over this chump.

Thunderstruck30
06-25-2003, 11:22 PM

I hope Graffanino plays 2nd tomorrow. Id take Graffanino over Jimenez any day. Tony can field, run the bases, and gets some clutch hits.

MRKARNO
06-25-2003, 11:29 PM
Might as well play graffanino at 2B, SS and 3B all at the same time while we're at it

Meixner007
06-25-2003, 11:54 PM

Geez, if that's the way he thinks, why did we even bother to show up tonight knowing how Mays has pitched against us? My point being that it doesn't matter what's happened in the past. Start a new trend right now...but I guess that would be asking too much. Tinker Tinker Tinker

P.S. I'm all for benching DJ right next to Paulie.

voodoochile
06-26-2003, 12:02 AM
Too funny. If Frank doesn't DH, then Manuel needs to be shot, not fired, shot...

Daver?

MRKARNO
06-26-2003, 12:23 AM
I would expect Daubach at the DH spot

humansushi
06-26-2003, 10:30 AM
It's just doesn't make ANY sense sitting Frank. Even if he has had a bad past vs. Radke. He can still draw a walk and is always a threat in the pitchers' minds. Now I believe Konerko can still come around, but this is just not the game or situation. He should have to wait until the TB series to get another start. But could be used off the bench before then.

RKMeibalane
06-26-2003, 06:34 PM
I think I called it when I said that Konerko's benching wouldn't last long. Manuel benched him yesterday, and he was in the lineup this afternoon.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-26-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I think I called it when I said that Konerko's benching wouldn't last long. Manuel benched him yesterday, and he was in the lineup this afternoon.

I would laugh if it didn't hurt so much. :angry:

The tinkerer has to stop pulling the chain of his ballplayers. What he says has become meaningless. Thus he is worthless as a manager--as he has proven repeatedly the last 3 seasons.

JasonC23
06-27-2003, 07:36 AM
I told my wife a couple of days ago that Konerko was officially benched. Her reply?

"So, he'll start tomorrow?"

I'll give Jerry one point...whenever he says something is definitely happening, there's 0% chance that it is. At least he's consistent in that way. My favorite was last year's "Royce is benched" changing to "Royce is one of our many SS options" to "Royce will play once interleague is over." :angry: