PDA

View Full Version : Goat of the Game

Viva Magglio
06-25-2003, 11:54 PM
I propose that WSI officially comes up with a "Goat of the Game" every time we lose. I think tonight's candidate is obviously D'Angelo Jimenez.

MRKARNO
06-25-2003, 11:55 PM
Goat of the year possibly

CHISOXFAN13
06-26-2003, 12:05 AM
Somewhere Ryan Klesko is grinning ear to ear.

StillMissOzzie
06-26-2003, 12:33 AM
Yep, Klesko is saying "I told you so". Jiminez needs to ride the pine. I agree w/ others who'd rather see Graffanino in at 2B instead of the moron Jiminez. I'll gladly trade the lower OBP for some heads-up play anytime.

:gulp:

Meixner007
06-26-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
Yep, Klesko is saying "I told you so". Jiminez needs to ride the pine. I agree w/ others who'd rather see Graffanino in at 2B instead of the moron Jiminez. I'll gladly trade the lower OBP for some heads-up play anytime.

:gulp:

Completely agree. OBP means nothing if you're just gonna throw it away.

Kilroy
06-26-2003, 01:18 AM
I think its time we started calling him:

Duh'Angelo

voodoochile
06-26-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I propose that WSI officially comes up with a "Goat of the Game" every time we lose. I think tonight's candidate is obviously D'Angelo Jimenez.

Actually, I was considering suggesting a "Dumbass Of the Game" (DOG) award, but hadn't gotten around to it yet. It is interesting that you make the suggestion yourself. Personally, I think the Managers have to be eligible - unlike the PTC contest. We'll see...

brewcrew/chisox
06-26-2003, 01:41 AM
He has to be the dummest player in the league

Jimenez is a liability BECAUSE he gets on base.

Konerkoholic
06-26-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by brewcrew/chisox
He has to be the dummest player in the league

Hate to do this to ya, but when you call someone the dumbest of anything, you should spell "dumbest" right.

brewcrew/chisox
06-26-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Konerkoholic

Hate to do this to ya, but when you call someone the dumbest of anything, you should spell "dumbest" right.

It's catching

:)

Lip Man 1
06-26-2003, 01:59 AM
Hell Jimenez has already RETIRED the damn trophy!

Lip

WinningUgly!
06-26-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Hell Jimenez has already RETIRED the damn trophy!

Lip

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/photo/ph_play_mugshot_150090.jpg http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/WSIbanners/DOG.GIF
"I'll take this."

joecrede
06-26-2003, 12:43 PM
Why is it a forgone conclusion that Jimenenez should have scored on that hit? There was one out and the ball got to Mohr on one hop, a hop that was head high and put him in excellent throwing position.

Fridaythe13thJason
06-26-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
Why is it a forgone conclusion that Jimenenez should have scored on that hit? There was one out and the ball got to Mohr on one hop, a hop that was head high and put him in excellent throwing position.

Because Hawk said so....and Hawk never says anything wrong.

voodoochile
06-26-2003, 12:57 PM

You know I have to agree. I don't know if that was a great ball to score on either. His perspective made it hard to tell if the ball would be caught and after getting caught off base on Tuesday, I can imagine he was being extra cautious. The ball hung up. It wasn't a clear single, even watching on TV I wasn't sure if it would fall in or not.

There were lots of bad plays last night. Plenty of Dogs in that one - as usual for this team...

PANFIRECRACKER
06-26-2003, 01:24 PM

You're right. DJ isn't fast and the twins' outfielders have arms unlike our ofs.