PDA

View Full Version : Koch and Jimenez

balboner
06-25-2003, 11:36 PM
These two players need to see their roles changed right now. Koch should no longer be the closer until he can at least reach the mid 90s w/a fastball. He has horrible stuff and is just a blown save waiting to happen.
As for Jimenez, he is the biggest on-field cancer I've ever seen. Horrible D, horrible timely hitting, and the worst baserunner ever. Tony G. better start at 2b tomorrow, and we should trade Jimenez to the Cardinals for a bag of balls.

MHOUSE
06-25-2003, 11:42 PM
I am so sick of Manuel using Koch in extra inning games. He's a closer! He can't pitch in non-save situations and hardly in the clutch sometimes. Why does he keep sacraficing him for losses when while White, Sanders, and Glover sit idly in the bullpen. Are Flash, Marte, and Koch the only three relievers we have? Can you spell mismanagement? M-A-N-U-E-L :angry: :angry:

jeremyb1
06-25-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
I am so sick of Manuel using Koch in extra inning games. He's a closer! He can't pitch in non-save situations and hardly in the clutch sometimes. Why does he keep sacraficing him for losses when while White, Sanders, and Glover sit idly in the bullpen. Are Flash, Marte, and Koch the only three relievers we have? Can you spell mismanagement? M-A-N-U-E-L :angry: :angry:

cause as bad as koch is those other three guys have been worse? koch has the lowest era of the group i believe. regardless, there's nothing wrong with using your closer in extra innings, managers do it all the time. if the game's on the line you want to give your best reliever a shot before you go to the lesser guys in the back of the pen.

A.T. Money
06-25-2003, 11:49 PM

Although I disagree that he can't pitch in the save opportunities (11 of 13), I do think that he should only pitch in save situations. And I can't figure out why Marte and Gas Can are the only relievers we have. Pretty lame. Maybe it's time to bring up a Matt Ginter or something like that.

FJA
06-25-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by balboner
Tony G. better start at 2b tomorrow, and we should trade Jimenez to the Cardinals for a bag of balls.

Unless it's a bag of whiffle balls, KW is the big winner in this trade.

MRKARNO
06-25-2003, 11:52 PM
Maybe if DJ pitches and Koch plays second that everything would be better

ChiSox14305635
06-25-2003, 11:56 PM
Moment I heard Koch coming in, an L just came to mind. HORRIBLE!

A.T. Money
06-26-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
Moment I heard Koch coming in, an L just came to mind. HORRIBLE!

What game were you watching?

Bottom line is this. If it's our pen vs. Minnie's pen, we're going down.

Regardless, we gave the game away, and had our chances to win the game, and we didn't score. If you blame Koch for this loss, then you're totally out of the loop. The little things...the little things.

brewcrew/chisox
06-26-2003, 02:04 AM
I thought the Boston extra inning game was the worst game this year to watch as a sox fan. I was at that game and stewed the whole way home on the red line.

This one is a very very close second...

I fear there will be more....

Oh god help me.

Jerko
06-26-2003, 11:45 AM

You're right! How many games did Foulke lose over the years that were non save situations? EVERY tie game he was brought into he lost, and quite a few with multi-run leads as well. Now we all clamor for him back. Maybe he's just being used better where he is now. Just look: A's had Koch last year, we had Foulke. Koch had better numbers. A's have Foulke now, we have Koch; Foulke has better numbers. Did they each get so much better/worse in the course of an off-season. Figure it out.

gosox41
06-26-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by balboner
These two players need to see their roles changed right now. Koch should no longer be the closer until he can at least reach the mid 90s w/a fastball. He has horrible stuff and is just a blown save waiting to happen.
As for Jimenez, he is the biggest on-field cancer I've ever seen. Horrible D, horrible timely hitting, and the worst baserunner ever. Tony G. better start at 2b tomorrow, and we should trade Jimenez to the Cardinals for a bag of balls.

It's good to see soeoen thinks like me. I've been anti-Koch since the day the Sox traded for him. Back on that fateful day I also made mention of overuse and compared him to Bobby Thigpen who after his great year in 1990 lost his fastball.

As for Jimenez, I could care less if he has the third highest OBP on the team. It's only because most of the team is underperforming. The fact is that outs are the most precious commodity in the game today. If you're on offense you don't want them, and if you're on defense you can't get them fast enough.

Jimenez creates a lot of outs on the basepaths with stupid baserunning. This tells me he either is: 1. a dumb player or 2. lazy and uncaring.

How many games do these 2 bums need to cost us before fans wake up for what they really are?

Bob