PDA

View Full Version : 20 game losers


MHOUSE
06-25-2003, 03:04 PM
The Tigers have three candidates to lose twenty games. Bernero, Bonderman, and Maroth have double digit loss totals all ready. Milwaukee's Glendon Rusch has 11 losses, but is at AAA now. Our own Mark Buehrle has 10. ESPN.com mentions who they think are likely to be close to 20 losses and Mark is included. I don't think he will lose 20 and I think Bonderman will be sent down before he does. Maroth and Bernero are the only two I think have a "shot at it."

Article (http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/ratto_ray/1570942.html)

MetalliSox
06-25-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
The Tigers have three candidates to lose twenty games. Bernero, Bonderman, and Maroth have double digit loss totals all ready. Milwaukee's Glendon Rusch has 11 losses, but is at AAA now. Our own Mark Buehrle has 10. ESPN.com mentions who they think are likely to be close to 20 losses and Mark is included. I don't think he will lose 20 and I think Bonderman will be sent down before he does. Maroth and Bernero are the only two I think have a "shot at it."

Article (http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/ratto_ray/1570942.html)

Yeah. No way Mark loses 20 games. I have a feeling that after he gets all those days off during the All Star break, he will come back with a Venegance....I hope.

Blueprint1
06-25-2003, 04:02 PM
You can tell that ESPN doesnt watch the sox much

gosox41
06-25-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
You can tell that ESPN doesnt watch the sox much

The only thing the cast of BBTN seems to care about is the East Coast teams, the Mariners, and the Giants. They must think the midwest is uncharted territory with no electricity or running water.

Bob

T Dog
06-25-2003, 04:23 PM
In 1983, Floyd Bannister was something like 2-9 at the All-Star Break. The Arizona Republic did a story about him at that time, because he was an underachieving former ASU star. Bannister avoided him, and the reporter concluded that if Bannister couldn't stand up to someone asking him questions, he wouldn't be able to hold his own against American League hitters.

Bannister ended up winning 19 games that year.

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-25-2003, 04:57 PM
they used to care about the twins, but that was just a fad because they were the 'underdogs'

lowesox
06-25-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
Yeah. No way Mark loses 20 games. I have a feeling that after he gets all those days off during the All Star break, he will come back with a Venegance....I hope.

I think he's already rebounded. Let's hope he keeps it up.

34 Inch Stick
06-25-2003, 05:29 PM
I believe he will finish the year at or above .500.

Spiff
06-25-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
They must think the midwest is uncharted territory with no electricity or running water.

Bob

from what i've seen, most of it is.

MHOUSE
06-25-2003, 10:39 PM
Maroth lost #12 today. It's gotta be tough to lose 20 games since teams often won't give guys chances to break bad records like strikeouts or losses. Mark won't lose more than 16 games. He'll be like 11-14 or something like that. Big comeback there if he can win 9 or 10 games after being 2-10. Go Mark, keep it together! (so you can get us something from St. Louie )

TommyJohn
06-26-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by T Dog
In 1983, Floyd Bannister was something like 2-9 at the All-Star Break. The Arizona Republic did a story about him at that time, because he was an underachieving former ASU star. Bannister avoided him, and the reporter concluded that if Bannister couldn't stand up to someone asking him questions, he wouldn't be able to hold his own against American League hitters.

Bannister ended up winning 19 games that year.

He actually won 16 in 1983.